Gold Rims

fazer8

Has anybody plasti dipped, powder coated or painted their rims gold to go with the front forks? I want to plasti dip them but it seems like the colors wont match up and then it won't look good.

Dtrain035

Agreed - ergo don't do it. Do some other colour or just leave it and spend money elsewhere.

I wouldn't Plastidip. I've done the rims on my car and after a while, it starts to look like crap. It doesnt come off as easy as they make it look in the videos either. Most of your wheels are covered up by the brakes and swing-arm any way so you wont see much of the paint. If you want to dress up the wheels, I would go with some reflective tape or even the decals with the text. With a steady hand and some patience, the tape/decals are an awesome visual improvement for under $25.

Mikz86ta

X2. Does not come off easy as they say, last a few months and then looks like crap, and I would not bet on them matching.

Every time I have used plasti dip it looks and works great. But I lay down a ton of coats and the plasti dip glossifier keeps it looking great for a long time and gives it a nice satin finish. I painted my Tacoma's rims. The picture below is a year after, through the salty NE winters,car washes,offroad etc.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

9 Lives

I would either have them anodized or powder coated. You will get the best match by anodizing them as your forks are anodized.

Anodizing or powder coating is definitely the better way to go. But on a budget plasti dip has worked great for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Keach

I have seen them plasti dipped gold. The color is off. Didn't look bad but definitely not a match to the forks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk