Gold Accent Thread

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I have searched the forum for various ideas on how to accent the gold forks on the bike without overdoing it. I personally like the idea of a black and gold theme.

My plans thus far:
  • Semi-Gloss Gold (on the inside of my headlight retrofit/behind shroud and projector) - more pics to come once its done
  • Gold Aluminum Valve Stems
  • Gold Billet Oil Cap
  • Gold 1/4" Reflective Rim Stripe
Other ideas I have seen:
Gold Pro-Bolt Set (pricey, but nice)
Gold Chain
Gold Aluminium Reservoir Cap (Pro-Bolt)
Gold Aluminium Top Yoke Nut
Gold Powdercoated Wheels

Feel free to share your pictures and ideas. I will post pics when I am done with my original list.

D

Deleted member 438

I think the wheels would be a nice touch, and I'd probably just do that. How about just the rear to put some gold at the back and balance the bike? That'll probably look weird.

hypo

I think the wheels would be a nice touch, and I'd probably just do that. How about just the rear to put some gold at the back and balance the bike? That'll probably look weird.

I like the gold wheels thought... but not TOO much gold and shiny... and maybe a tick here or there... like the adjustment knobs on my shorty levers...

those gold engine bolts hurt my eyes... :eb:

hutru01

Knights of Columbus

All sorts of possibilties. A chain adjust bracket, bolt, etc....Just the subtle, nothing too extravagant.

For instance, check out this R1. I know its blue, but it has nice gold accents.

Speedo007

Yeah I like gold wheels too, classy on a black bike. But for now the forks is the only thing that will be left gold on my bike. I'm even replacing sprocket and chain for all black look.

hypo

yeah all my photobucket pix dont work here. no biggie. I see it now. the carbon fiber ruins the kawasaki for me, but I get the idea, and it looks nice and clean.

Speedo007

Before:

After - possibly:

Now I need to stop reading these forums, all these ideas are getting expensive hehe

Last edited:
H

Hoover

I would not recomend the engine bolt set. They are notoriously leaky and you have to locktite them all in in. Total PITA. I had them on my Bandit and took them out after 3 months.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I would not recomend the engine bolt set. They are notoriously leaky and you have to locktite them all in in. Total PITA. I had them on my Bandit and took them out after 3 months.

Yeah, sounds like way more trouble than its worth.

impostor1981

I ve got white Fazer and I am adding some gold parts. Am still waiting for gold brake lines and when I am done I will post some pictures, but bike looks awsome. Cant wait to put it all back together :-D.
There is black handle bar, gold grips, black and gold levers, black and gold bar ends, gold wheels, black lightech rear sets which I am thinking to paint black and gold, gold fork preload adjuster caps and gold forks :-D

Bighitmatt

Black-n-Goooooooold!!

Here's a couple of shots from my iPhone 4s.

Mods include:
Protaper low-rise (1/2in. bars) w/ Protaper Risers- Black
CRG lanesplitters Bar-end Mirrors
Pazzo Shorty Levers - Gold
Ram mount for Garmin NUVi 550 (waterproof)
SATO frame sliders
R&G case covers
SATO rearsets- Gold
Akrapovic slip-on
PC5 Map
V-LED HID kit 8k
R&G Fender Eliminator
Tech Spec tank grip pads
LED turn signals

I currently am away from my home computer with my close-up shots of the parts, but here's some shots from out on rides. The last shot is just to prove I'll ride my FZ-8 ANYWHERE! lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51448480@N04/6978472189/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51448480@N04/6832345488/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51448480@N04/6978474083/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

Here's a couple of shots from my iPhone 4s.

Mods include:
Protaper low-rise (1/2in. bars) w/ Protaper Risers- Black
CRG lanesplitters Bar-end Mirrors
Pazzo Shorty Levers - Gold
Ram mount for Garmin NUVi 550 (waterproof)
SATO frame sliders
R&G case covers
SATO rearsets- Gold
Akrapovic slip-on
PC5 Map
V-LED HID kit 8k
R&G Fender Eliminator
Tech Spec tank grip pads
LED turn signals

I currently am away from my home computer with my close-up shots of the parts, but here's some shots from out on rides. The last shot is just to prove I'll ride my FZ-8 ANYWHERE! lol

FZ-8.2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
FZ-8.1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
photo 15 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Your bike looks really good, I especially like those rearsets.

Bighitmatt

Thanks for the complements! The tank bag is a Joe Rocket Manta-XL. I picked it up at CycleGear for about $30. I actually REALLY like it. Not so huge that it is always in the way, but also big enough that I can fit just about anything I may need for a day ride.

Speedo007

Those gold wheels are more and more tempting...and damn I like the FZ1-N headlight.

Last edited: