Going past 600 during break in

RobJob

Hey, I just got my FZ8 a few weeks ago and am sitting at about 550 miles right now. I have scheduled a break in but it's not til a week from now, and the weather is finally getting nice - so I would like to go on an ~80 mile ride this weekend. Is it okay if I went ~800 miles before getting the break in service done? I just don't want to damage the bike in the long run.

socal

it will be fine, if your really concerned change the oil yourself and the main thing is to just go over the bike and physically touch all the bolts to see if anything loosened even if your a good mechanic touching is always better than looking haha

villhelmromero

I was wondering if getting your vowels checked and or adjusted is part of the initial 600 mile maintenance? I just checked all of my bolt and did my own oil change at 600. should there be any concern for the valves or anything internal in the engine?

shadowman

I was wondering if getting your vowels checked and or adjusted is part of the initial 600 mile maintenance? I just checked all of my bolt and did my own oil change at 600. should there be any concern for the valves or anything internal in the engine?

According to the service manual, a valve clearance check isn't required until 42 000 km. (26 600 miles)

9 Lives

I use spell and grammar check to check my vowels. ;)
It calls for a throttle body sync but unless you have the gauges it would have to be done by the dealership. Your valve clearance on the other hand is not part of the 600 mile check.

Harrywz

Read owners manual regarding maintenance. Valve clearance check or adjustment is required at 26,600 miles

master paper clip

No worries I accidentally went up to 1300 on mine before my first service and I'm still trouble free 10k later, minus me murdering my battery