Givi Spoiler windscreen......Fazer8

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I have the Givi Windscreen for the FZ8 (not a Fazer8), but it provides decent wind protection. I recently rode 400 miles round trip (all interstate miles) and my neck wasn't sore after the ride. My speed was between 70-90 mph the whole way.

BigOleChalupa

I agree, it looks pretty good to me too :)
Might have to get it...... I'll write a review when I get it
Cheers
Bigo

pjaco

Banned
I have this windscreen.
Never tried the original one but i have it home.This windscreen was on the bike from Yamaha store when i got it.
Working nice but in high speed it make a little vibration on top of it. Take some rain away from me when driving and from the dashboard when parking too.
Sorry,but not the best pictures from work here.

Last edited:

pjaco

Banned
nice touring set up there. lov eyour full fairing too!
Yes,i got the fairing this week and have just been on for two days.I personally think the fairing are nice,but the color is just a little to blue on it.Maybe just me who will think about it.
I had to buy the radiator cover from Yamaha too.
This will never end :D:D
My wife is not that happy for everything:rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:

[]V[]addog

Yes,i got the fairing this week and have just been on for two days.I personally think the fairing are nice,but the color is just a little to blue on it.Maybe just me who will think about it.

i love thae Rad cover, need to get one of those myself

Speedy2

I bot this windscreen and am awaiting delivery. Does it seem secure when installed?

I have the Givi Windscreen for the FZ8 (not a Fazer8), but it provides decent wind protection. I recently rode 400 miles round trip (all interstate miles) and my neck wasn't sore after the ride. My speed was between 70-90 mph the whole way.

BigOleChalupa

Sweet, this was what I needed to see! :D So, can you tell us how the screen works/feels compared to the stock one??
I have to admit, the way you have her set up, it looks more like and FJR1300 than the Fazer, lol!

Last edited:

Speedy2

I got the Yamaha windscreen. Very nice sturdy setup BUT it puts the wind right at the base of my neck. It moves the wind from my chest to the bottom of my helmet. I may be ordering the Givi. :(

pjaco

Banned
Sweet, this was what I needed to see! :D So, can you tell us how the screen works/feels compared to the stock one??
I have to admit, the way you have her set up, it looks more like and FJR1300 than the Fazer, lol!

I want a FJR1300 when i maybe in the future get enough money.:D:cheer:
I never tried the stock windscreen. The touring screen was already on when i picked it up.
I have it home but never tested on bike.

blues hurler

Well, I broke down and ordered the Givi touring screen for my Fazer today, so I'll let you know comparison thoughts when I get it on. I had a nasty ride back from the Vancouver bike show this past weekend: cold, wet, fog, dark, and a decent windscreen would have helped a LOT. Thank God for my heated grips!