Givi Engine Guard, Need to remove Headers?

FZ8Panda

Looking to get a Yamaha or Givi engine guard. Leaning towards the Givi one as the price is cheaper but I couldn't find a pic to seek an answer to my question. Question is, do you have to remove the headers to install the Givi guard? Seen clear pics of the Yamaha one and looks like you can unbolt it into 2 separate pieces so you won't have to uninstall the header. However, I couldn't find any FZ8 specific Givi guard pic to see if it's the same. Anyone with the Givi engine guard wanna chime in? Thanks. :cool:

dbeyer

No need to remove anything, they just bolt on. I have an extra set I am going to sell. long story. Heading out on a cross county motorcycle trip on the FZ8, if you can wait, drop me a note and I'll send you info on the Givi guards I have. I'll be back mid July.

FZ8Panda

No need to remove anything, they just bolt on. I have an extra set I am going to sell. long story. Heading out on a cross county motorcycle trip on the FZ8, if you can wait, drop me a note and I'll send you info on the Givi guards I have. I'll be back mid July.

Looks like Givi doesn't make the cage anymore, at least for our bikes. Ordered through Motorcycle Superstore and they just cancelled it cause Givi did not have it. So.... let me know when your back from your trip. :cool: