Getting ready to buy a new 2013 FZ8

rexsfour

I am set on getting a new FZ8, with that 1200 cash back its a awesome deal. The FZ8 will be my first street bike. I have a TC449, yz250 and yz125. I wanted a FZ6R until I saw it up close and sat on it. What should I expect to pay before taxes? I am trying to get one to my front door for around 6500. Any tricks or sites to save money would be greatly appreciated. I am in the Tacoma area (9% tax) and willing drive a few hours to pick it up or ship it. Thanks

HeresMyMind

i have had my 13 fz8 for 1100 miles now i bought it brand new, just so you dont freak out while its in break in period the clutch lever when pulled in all the way may not let you downshift until u left the lever out a tiny bit, that is normal until the oil and gearing wears in!

Stock suspension settings are super comfy for a 190lb rider.

-B

MattMorton

I got mine 4 months ago for 7,500 out the door, tax tag title and all. I know they can probably be had for less but I'm happy with it for the price i paid. :)

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
i have had my 13 fz8 for 1100 miles now i bought it brand new, just so you dont freak out while its in break in period the clutch lever when pulled in all the way may not let you downshift until u left the lever out a tiny bit, that is normal until the oil and gearing wears in!

Stock suspension settings are super comfy for a 190lb rider.

-B

Sounds like your dealership didn't have your bike setup right..... They just sold it to you and pushed you out the door......

These engines are ran to redline many times AT THE FACTORY before they get put into a frame.....

Anyways, dude adjust your clutch....

rexsfour

Thanks for the info. I would have the dealer set it up for my height 75" and weight 180. They normally add setup to the price anyways might as well have them do it right.

atrinh

quick question about clutch, everytime going in low speed, I like to pull clutch all the way in to let the bike flow by itselft. Does this do anything bad to clutch? My friend told me if I do that too often, the clutch goes out faster.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
It's just an extra friction cycle per disengaging and engaging. I don't think it will wear your clutch out any faster, but I think it's not a good habit to develop as far as riding goes.

Remember your bike is more stable when ANY small amount of throttle is applied, rather than letting the bike free roll.

But no your clutch is fine.

HeresMyMind

I agree with Banky. The control issue is what can cause a problem, even if your decelerating but in gear, there is some friction and 0 slack in the drivetrain which will help with grip.

Clutch wear is MINIMAL, Dont sit a light with the clutch engaged, instead keep it in neutral and only shift to first when you plan on going. But just just floating to a stop with the lever engaged wont really do any major damage

-B

atrinh

I only let the bike free roll when it come to below 10mph to stop. Thank for the info guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk