Getting a Suzuki DR-Z400SM

• Thread starter Deleted member 438
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 438

I put a deposit on a 2013 DR-Z400SM last Sunday. $5899 and I get it in April.

W

WARPTH

good stuff mate! most fun you'll have on 2 wheels. think of the money you'll save on front tyres! ;) first things first. make sure you order a pipe for it and do the air box mod and have some jets ready to go. :D:D:D:D

Marthy

Congrats! Those a nice, I looked at those before I got the 6R. There's plenty of aftermarket parts for it... like stroker kit!

D

Deleted member 438

Congrats! Those a nice, I looked at those before I got the 6R. There's plenty of aftermarket parts for it... like stroker kit!

Mods up the ass and it's all fairly inexpensive. I figure if I ever need a rebuild that's when I'll do the crazy motor work.

krillz

I put a deposit on a 2013 DR-Z400SM last Sunday. $5899 and I get it in April.

I own a 2009, I love it. I will roast my FZ8 in the turns with it.
Get the MRD pipe. It takes 2 weeks to get but its hand made. Cut the Airbox and a JD jet kit. Or get a FCR carb. Tires only last less then 3,000 miles.

D

Deleted member 438

I own a 2009, I love it. I will roast my FZ8 in the turns with it.
Get the MRD pipe. It takes 2 weeks to get but its hand made. Cut the Airbox and a JD jet kit. Or get a FCR carb. Tires only last less then 3,000 miles.

I was actually planning on the Yosh full, MRD is better? With the JD kit I have to get the adjustment screw separately, right?

krillz

Get what you like for sure, but I ride with a few other Tards that have the Yosh and FMF and so on and EVERY person loves that MRD.

e11charlie

Get ready for trouble. I still have mine but don't ride it as much. Had to cool it for a bit. I never got a ticket luckily. I was "talked to" by the cops a couple of times. I couldn't help myself. Traffic backed up and just sitting there on the side was a perfectly good sidewalk and stairs. Right past a cop sitting in the same traffic. Don't know what it is about the tards and the uncontrollable need to do stupid shit. Someone once told me that riding a motard is like dating that nympho in high school that you were always so scared to date. Have fun with it they are a blast. Get some really sticky tires they certainly are perfect for some twisties.

D

Deleted member 438

Get ready for trouble. I still have mine but don't ride it as much. Had to cool it for a bit. I never got a ticket luckily. I was "talked to" by the cops a couple of times. I couldn't help myself. Traffic backed up and just sitting there on the side was a perfectly good sidewalk and stairs. Right past a cop sitting in the same traffic. Don't know what it is about the tards and the uncontrollable need to do stupid shit. Someone once told me that riding a motard is like dating that nympho in high school that you were always so scared to date. Have fun with it they are a blast. Get some really sticky tires they certainly are perfect for some twisties.

What are some good tires?

H

Hoover

So far, everybody loves it. I think trixster8 is considering a motard...we might need a sub-forum for tards.

I'm a great tard. I'm in mate! Oh, the wife likes it too, soooo, perhaps I was to get a new opportunity ;););) I may have a little extra cash :D

krillz

What are some good tires?

I run Conti Force SM. 150/60R17. The best I found. Remember its not as heavy as a sport bike so the tire needs to be a SM tire so it will warm up quick. Oh and get ready for take off, she is a railroad track jumping machine.

e11charlie

I run Conti Force SM. 150/60R17. The best I found. Remember its not as heavy as a sport bike so the tire needs to be a SM tire so it will warm up quick. Oh and get ready for take off, she is a railroad track jumping machine.

That's what I run on mine. I am pretty confident in the adhesion.