Genuine yamaha tail tidy ( fender eliminator )

W

WARPTH

So i finally received my fender eliminator today! HOORAY! but just thought id post this up because i read from so many people on here that the supplied nuts don't fit... :confused:

:deadhorse:

:bs2:

hrmmmm you people really shouldn't be near any tools! :p ;)
1. the nuts are oval on the end because theyre locking nuts.
2. theres a slit in the mount where the nuts sits into because of the built in washer.

the only thing not supplied in the box that should have been was some conduet!
and for the price the factory yamaha LED indicators! lol

now for australian residents, aussie plates don't actually line up with the holes on the plate holder.

i didnt have to cut any wires as i already had after market indicators installed and if the wiring was longer you wouldn't have to either. the factory connectors are bullet connectors.

View attachment 695

View attachment 696

View attachment 697

View attachment 698

View attachment 699

F

Fazed

So i finally received my fender eliminator today! HOORAY! but just thought id post this up because i read from so many people on here that the supplied nuts don't fit... :confused:

:deadhorse:

:bs2:

hrmmmm you people really shouldn't be near any tools! :p ;)
1. the nuts are oval on the end because theyre locking nuts.
2. theres a slit in the mount where the nuts sits into because of the built in washer.
LOL:D

W

WARPTH

LOL, yeah some days I shouldn't! But I did try every which way, but I couldn't get the damn things tight. I might give it another go.

how did you mount your number plate?
i had a hole already drilled in the middle of the bottom of the plate where the dealer had the rego label mounted. so i just used that hole and the rego label behind it. hopefully its tight enough and wont move side to side.

minja714

i bet this looks much better in person.

I can see various swiggly lines that indicates that there's a motorcycle in the center of the picture somewhere, but the lighting makes me believe that you've been involved in an accident and that your motorcycle is in heaven and that jesus is enjoying it.

sinclap2

Lazy
how did you mount your number plate?
i had a hole already drilled in the middle of the bottom of the plate where the dealer had the rego label mounted. so i just used that hole and the rego label behind it. hopefully its tight enough and wont move side to side.

I just drilled two holes straight through my plate to fit it :D You can see the normal holes in the top corners of the No. plate. Next year when we don't have to have the Rego stickers, the stupid tube will be gone and probably get rid of the reflector (or move it somewhere else). Then chop the excess lower part that holds the reflector off.

Last edited:
W

WARPTH

i bet this looks much better in person.

your right, it does look much better in person

I can see various swiggly lines that indicates that there's a motorcycle in the center of the picture somewhere, but the lighting makes me believe that you've been involved in an accident and that your motorcycle is in heaven and that jesus is enjoying it.

huh?

RnR

Holy crap :eek: looks like you polished and buffed that chain. What are you using for lube? Oh ... the tidy and signals look great. Maybe Santa will get me a set.

C

Camo

I just drilled two holes straight through my plate to fit it :D You can see the normal holes in the top corners of the No. plate. Next year when we don't have to have the Rego stickers, the stupid tube will be gone and probably get rid of the reflector (or move it somewhere else). Then chop the excess lower part that holds the reflector off.

Keep your reflector.
The fun police were defecting bikes without rear facing reflectors a few weeks ago on a Sunday at my local ride spot.

Looked it up and found this-

Originally Posted by TRANSPORT OPERATIONS (ROAD USE MANAGEMENT--VEHICLE STANDARDS AND SAFETY) REGULATION 1999 - SCHEDULE 1
93 Rear reflectors

(1) A motor vehicle with 4 or more wheels, and a trailer, must have a rear-facing red reflector towards each side of its rear.

(2) However, a sugar cane trailer need not comply with subsection (1) if is not towed at night.

(3) A motorbike, a sidecar attached to a motorbike, and a motortrike, must have a rear-facing red reflector.

(4) The centre of each reflector must be--
(a) at the same height above ground level; and
(b) not over 1.5m above ground level.

(5) However, subsection (4) does not apply to a reflector fitted to a sidecar attached to a motorbike.

(6) A reflector fitted to a motor vehicle with 4 or more wheels, or a trailer, must not be over 400mm from the nearer side of the vehicle.

(7) A vehicle fitted with rear-facing red reflectors in accordance with subsection (1) or (3) may be fitted with additional red reflectors at any height above ground level or at any distance from the side of the vehicle.

I'm assuming this only applies for the state of NSW?
I won't be giving the fuckers any easy money ;)

B

bren

How much did the OEM one cost? I bought an ebay one for about 50 bucks shipped and it fitted perfect..

sinclap2

Lazy
Keep your reflector.
The fun police were defecting bikes without rear facing reflectors a few weeks ago on a Sunday at my local ride spot.

Looked it up and found this-

Originally Posted by TRANSPORT OPERATIONS (ROAD USE MANAGEMENT--VEHICLE STANDARDS AND SAFETY) REGULATION 1999 - SCHEDULE 1
93 Rear reflectors

(1) A motor vehicle with 4 or more wheels, and a trailer, must have a rear-facing red reflector towards each side of its rear.

(2) However, a sugar cane trailer need not comply with subsection (1) if is not towed at night.

(3) A motorbike, a sidecar attached to a motorbike, and a motortrike, must have a rear-facing red reflector.

(4) The centre of each reflector must be--
(a) at the same height above ground level; and
(b) not over 1.5m above ground level.

(5) However, subsection (4) does not apply to a reflector fitted to a sidecar attached to a motorbike.

(6) A reflector fitted to a motor vehicle with 4 or more wheels, or a trailer, must not be over 400mm from the nearer side of the vehicle.

(7) A vehicle fitted with rear-facing red reflectors in accordance with subsection (1) or (3) may be fitted with additional red reflectors at any height above ground level or at any distance from the side of the vehicle.

I'm assuming this only applies for the state of NSW?
I won't be giving the fuckers any easy money ;)

Yeah I will probably keep it, but I might move it. The prime spot would be over the top of the no. plate led (where it says FZ8) or I will just leave it where it is <== this is the most likely. I can't wait to get rid of that stupid rego tube.

sinclap2

Lazy
How much did the OEM one cost? I bought an ebay one for about 50 bucks shipped and it fitted perfect..

Too much :emb: but I liked the look and I was buying the Yamaha LEDs so I bought them at the same time. The eliminator was kinda/sorta bought as a present (or the LEDs were, one of the two).

I bought one from eBay too for about $40 but it was shit. I didn;t want make the same mistake.

There is actually a whole lot more the yamaha one (I think I Posted a picture on another post...posted here:
http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/1524-front-led-flashers-2.html), that I didn't use. The scaffolding bit circled in red I left off.

Last edited:
W

WARPTH

39P-F16E0-00 is the part number for anyone who wants to hunt one down

W

WARPTH

sorry mate, what I mean to say is that the pictures are kinda blurry and they are overexposed. hard to see the dongle thats attached to your bike but from the silhouette of the piece, it looks good =)

sorry for the phone camera pics. i wasnt going to go grab my SLR just for some fender eliminator shots lol.

i will post up some better pics some time soon.

try turning the brightness down on your monitor maybe for the time being?

W

WARPTH

Holy crap :eek: looks like you polished and buffed that chain. What are you using for lube? Oh ... the tidy and signals look great. Maybe Santa will get me a set.

i use the castrol chain lube. its in a green can. and sprays yellow. its meant to be non flick but flicks everywhere like crazy though. and i think you can see the marks it leaves on the concrete in those photo's from where its dripped onto the concrete!

RnR

i use the castrol chain lube. its in a green can. and sprays yellow. its meant to be non flick but flicks everywhere like crazy though. and i think you can see the marks it leaves on the concrete in those photo's from where its dripped onto the concrete!

Chain lube is one of those things I'm never happy with. I'd like to find something that doesn't fling all over the place and cause dirt to stick. I thought maybe you swapped the chain out.