Gaz dripping / smelling gaz

Nemo

I noticed a smell of gazoline after a few ride in the past days...
I dont know if this is normal . ive noticed few little gaz drop on the garage's floor. It seem to come from the 2 little rubber hose on the right ride near rear brake lever

Bike have like 4 miles on it.

Any clue?? Oh. And the tank is not full. Like half of it

Last edited:

jamoms101

The black hose you are referring to is the gas overflow/breather hose. If your tank is overfilled it could be the reason. I highly doubt you should have anything to worry about.

Fazer 8

I noticed the same thing on my Fazer 8 when I picked it up from the dealer last year - small amount of clear liquid dripping from one of those two tubes. As near as I can tell, it happens when the bike, with a relatively cool tank of fuel, is taken out into the sunlight (or parked hot in a garage). The gasoline, or at least some fractions of it, evaporates in the tank and then condenses in the tube. Nothing to worry about at all. Probably particularly prone to happen if the bike has been filled with "winter gas", which is more volatile.

Fazer 8

Just went outside to have a smoke, and my bike is parked out in the sun and it's also one of the warmer days we've had so far. A few drips have made a stain below the overflow/breather tube. Tank is not overfilled, just vapors escaping, I think.