garmin zumo 665 install on my 2011 fz8

gearjunky13

Just got a garmin 665 installed on my bike, i havent gotten to ride with it yet but it looks good, it wasent to bad to wire up i used a battery tender accessorie cable to connect it to the tender plug off my battery, i started the cables at the handel bar and fished it down along the right side of the bike found that the gap between the gas tank and the frame fit the wires well with out having to remove the tank, i i dont see it rubbing on anything and its holding its place well, now from the gas tank i ran it along the inner side of the frame under the seat and under the battery box ware my batery tender cable is, so if i want i can remove it with no prob and keep the wole unit in tact and instalable on any other bike, also i can unplug it to cut power to the unit so if there is a problem it wont be hard to disconnect, all i used was zip ties to hold it all in place i got pics of it in my gallery on the handle bars, i think it will work well and hope to try it soon but its too dam cold out and ice is every ware so ill hold on the temptation to run with it yet

Last edited:

gearjunky13

well it was a nice day so i took a spin with the GPS mounted and i have to say it is verry stable with the stock ram mount, and although i might do some slight ajusting to its position i have to say overall i like how i can move it down and out of the way as wall as bring it up when navigating with it.

Last edited: