FZ8 Totalled Out :-(

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Well guys, I had an unfortunate event on Sunday. I was riding with some friends and came upon a blind curve that had loose gravel on the other side of the curve. As I was getting down into my lean, I see the gravel last second, but it was too late, the back tire went out from under me and my bike slid out from under me into a guard rail. I went sliding into my bike and banged up my knees and both elbows. Fortunately, I was riding with full gear and was travelling around 30-35 mph so I didn't get thrown around as bad as it could have been. During my FZ8's slide towards the guard rail, it busted the crank case, thus causing the bike to be totalled out. No cops were involved and I had it towed to my house, then to a shop in town.

Insurance is covering everything, including riding gear, the bike, and aftermarket parts. I am ok, just really sore...no broken bones. I did go to the doctor on Monday to just be on the safe side. I am sad to see the FZ8 go. I have decided that since the cold months are ahead, I am going to wait until next spring to get another bike. I will save money on insurance anyway because my rates will more than likely double after that incident.

Also, I have a ton of stock parts leftover that I will be selling, including exhaust, a spare headlight, mirrors, turn signals and other various parts that came off the bike during modifying it.

Anyways, I am going to stick around the forums regardless of what I get next.

n00b

Avid Rider
glad you didn't have major injuries. If something's gonna get totalled, better the bike than the body.

Marthy

Glad you walk away of that one. Do you have the complete stock exhaust or just the can? I might be interested in the headers if the price is right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

tri dude

Glad to hear that you walked away from this - could have been so much worse!!! i know is sucks but, Bikes can be replaced - u only have one life!!! take care and best wishes.

ssky0078

did you have frame sliders on the bike?

My first down was due to gravel, I know that is a crappy feeling.

If you wait then the new MT-09 or Fz09 will be out. :D

Or just step up to an Fz1 and get a euro headlight kit, it's like an Fz8 with bigger balls.

FZ8Ryder

Glad to hear you're okay. Good thing you weren't going too fast otherwise that could have been much worse.
How much would you be selling the headlight for and are you selling the speedometer?
Hope you feel better and hope to hear possible bike choices.

cambo

Avid Rider
shit dude, sorry to hear that--glad to hear you're alright though and everything is covered.

xXAvroArrowXx

Good you're OK. Doesn't sound like there's anything you could've done different to prevent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Sorry for your loss man :( will you be looking at the FZ-09?

I am not sure yet. As much as I love the look of a naked bike, I may be going with something with more fairings / bigger windshield -> like a Yamaha FJR, Honda VFR, etc....

I want to be able to go on longer rides and not feel as much of the wind at higher speeds as I did on the FZ8.