FZ8 Protection \ Front Fork, Rear SwingArm, HandleBars

JRunner

Hi All...

I am looking into buying some protection for the bike and looking for information on what the difference is between getting Swingarm protection vs. Swingarm bobbins. I have seen some manufacturers list both whereas others just show bobbins and say they double as swing arm protection. It looks like the swingarm version is going on the axle whereas the bobbins are going on the swingarm itself. Although I thought I saw some bobbins that actually attached to the axle as well. Sorry I'm confused on this and what to get.

Also looking for anyone's opinion on a front fork protection. I can only find one manufacturer in this area from Sato Racing, although they don't list a part number that Ive been able to track to an FZ8 application. - SATO RACING | Fork Bottom Sliders - MV Agusta F4 / F4 1000 / Brutale ( -'09) / Yamaha FZ8 / Nissin - when I trace the part number they list "MV-BRUFBS-BK" on the net, it never traces to an FZ8 application but rather the other models listed on the Sato site - "MV AGUSTA F4 / F4 1000 / BRUTALE" - Sato Racing - Fork Bottom Sliders - MV Agusta - Brutale Models 2004-2009/F4 Models 2003-2009/CNC Machined Delrin/Stainless Hardware/Mounts To Caliper Support/Not For Radial Brakes

Lastly has anyone found any handle bar sliders they recommend.

Thanks in advance...

JRunner

Verdict...

Well the front fork upon my inspection uses a solid bolt which will not allow the typical through the axle slider protection. As stated earlier, SATORACING makes one that attaches to the fork \ caliper, but not sure how sturdy that will be in a sticky situation, low slide. Some think this may be a weak way to address the fork protection and may incur more damage than if it was fork mounted and so potentially it may be better to have no protection than SATO's version. I am on the fence.

Anyone have any input?

hypo

we have a couple of threads on protection for our lovely FZ8s... we even have one or two guys in San Diego who are going to meet with some race rail manufacturers so that they can get a template done up for our bikes so the rest of us can get them. Specifically you're looking for protection on the axles it seems, right?

JRunner

Correct.

I am on that thread with MCENTERPRISES... hoping the FZ8 is next in line for side engine protection.

I am trying to narrow down the axles now and it seems the only way I'm going to get front fork protection is to go with SATORACING. Unless someone develops a new axle bolt that is drilled out with a hole.

mano1192

Im hoping for some more engine protection also. Im curious as if there would be anything that would save the pipe too, but doubt thats possible.