FZ8 + Pigeon= ?

Yamacat1000

I sliced a pigeon in half today with my stock mirror... covered in bird guts and shit. I was not happy. On the bright side, I now have even more reason to take the damn things off. I was going about 80mph and the bastard did not hear me? So Ill find a way to justify my PCV and pipe too :D

Anyone else have a cool bird or wildlife stories?

PS i was in a hurry to wash my WHITE riding gear and did not get any pics :(

NOTE TO NEWBIES LIKE MYSELF, DONT BUY WHITE RIDING GEAR!

C

Camo

Yup, I have white Icon overpants for the winter commute and they get pretty grubby.

I ran over a Rabbit the other morning doing 90kmph on the way to work and the little fucker just rolled and kept running! He now runs across that stretch of road nearly every morning just before I go by... Cheeky focker.

I've had quiet a few near misses with birds. Most of the times they have almost plowed into my helmet but thankfully no direct hits.

Lee_533

I hit a bird with my right foot peg going about 80 mph. I was laughing too hard to see where the bird went afterwards. My buddy almost got hit by a duck on our last ride going 90 mph.

hypo

coming out of the three sisters down here we were climbing out the twisties along the side of a hill and a HUGE (and I mean 6-8 foot wingspan) buzzard was eating something in our lane, he must have heard us coming because when I came around the corner he was a foot off the ground and climbing REALLY SLOWLY... I missed him by like a foot, and my wife heard me swear and saw me dive deeper into the corner and I heard HER swear. I hate not being able to see where I'm going!

Then on the downhill out of there some poor sparrow or tiny bird was racing with his buddy. I think he saw me at the last minute and missed my bike and plowed into my shoulder and disappeared into the brush on the side of the road. poor guy.

and then I lost my FZ8 to a deer...:depressed::tdown:

D

Deleted member 438

coming out of the three sisters down here we were climbing out the twisties along the side of a hill and a HUGE (and I mean 6-8 foot wingspan) buzzard was eating something in our lane, he must have heard us coming because when I came around the corner he was a foot off the ground and climbing REALLY SLOWLY... I missed him by like a foot, and my wife heard me swear and saw me dive deeper into the corner and I heard HER swear. I hate not being able to see where I'm going!

Then on the downhill out of there some poor sparrow or tiny bird was racing with his buddy. I think he saw me at the last minute and missed my bike and plowed into my shoulder and disappeared into the brush on the side of the road. poor guy.

and then I lost my FZ8 to a deer...:depressed::tdown:

You have some bad luck with wildlife.

H

Hoover

I hit a pigeon with my mirror on my RD350 many years ago also. Same result :mad:

White Rider

I hit a sparrow with my mirror and the bird got stuck under my arm and couldn't get out.
I had to take my arm off the throttle and smack it out of the way. Seemed ok and flew off. Mirror needed flicking back into position.