FZ8 or Fazer8

JTB

Pillion
So in Canada, we got the choice of the faired or the non. I seriously can not make up my mind. My current is the FZ6 with the fairing, and I have ridden both 8's and I can't really just choose, so I come looking for some riders opinions.

I ride my bike pretty much every single chance I get seeing as I don't own a car. Only time it doesn't come out is when it is below -5 celcius or snow on the ground. Otherwise I am that crazy guy riding. I do a lot of two up with my fiance, and around here the best twisties are a boring 35-45 minute highway ride until the fun starts.

So based on current knowledge, any of you riders see one being better over the other? I thank you in advance for the input!

C

Camo

Do you mind buffeting at highway speeds? If so, get the Faired Fazer. If the buffeting isn't an issue get the FZ8...I didn't enjoy the faired version personally on the test ride but then again I like my bikes naked :)

K-Gr.

I test-rode both before buying mine. My route included riding in and out of town as well as some 20km of highway. To be honest, the fairing in stock form is not much of a use. Up to 130 km/h there was no difference worth mentioning in wind protection (on naked there is none, on faired it is simply poor...). There is always an option to replace the windscreen in Fazer with higher one. In town naked felt more nimble (it simply feels smaller), although mirror placement on faired version is far better (in naked they are close to useless).

Aside from that - they ride the same. I bought a naked one. Felt like more fun :)

impostor1981

If you ride in all conditions (rain, fog, mist) faired option will keep your gear clean. I ride my wifes FZ6 naked and must admit that above 60 mph I feel wind on my chest. For longer trips tank bag helps a lot to disperse air around chest and shoulders.

Last edited:

diz

Faired has more expensive insurance, and few more kilos. And I get it anyway :p I think that for Canada, where probably pretty much days are not so hot, its good idea.

Go faired! ;)

Speedo007

My brother has an FZ6 and I have the FZ8. We went on a trip this summer and exchanged bikes for a while, he found the wind tirying on the highway at 130-140km/h for hours compared to his FZ6. I use ear plugs and just rest against the wind instead of fighting it. I felt more comfortable on my FZ8. So really depends.

If long 2 up riding was my main goal, I'd probably go for the Fazer. For solo fun and occasional 2-up riding I'd go with the FZ8, just prefer it's looks. And I'm 6'1", usually the windscreen just send me a sharp blast right on my helmet, I prefer equal wind from head to toe then focused wind on my helmet.

JTB

Pillion
Such a nudist forum!! Lol, I actually love both. But I got a few months to decide. Taking the fiance to see which she likes too

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Definatly naked, looks much better. I would never have got one if they didn't come naked. I like the rebel look of the naked as oppossed to the suit and tie look of the faired version.