FZ8 juicebox pro

Yamacat1000

So I have been planning on getting a PCV. Dynojet is the leader in my mind in fuel management. However, I have ridden a few quads with a juicebox by two brothers racing and they seemed to run amazing. Does anyone know first hand, how consumer friendly the juicebox pro for FZ8 is? Have you heard good or bad? If you've got one would you recommend it? Thanks.

lothodon

Super Moderator
from my quick reading they hold TEN maps and you can use pc(v) maps as well. for a $60 savings off retail i'd be willing to give one a go!

anyone want to buy me one so i can test it and report back?!?!?!

but seriously, i'd buy one if i were in the market for either.

an interesting note: they do not have any maps available for the fz8 listed on their site yet.

Yamacat1000

I talked to a Two Bros rep today, TBR maps and Dynojet maps are the same, they share as well as they are compatible on the Juice Box Pro. Side by side the JBP has a few more features than the PCV, everything else is spec for spec. I like how you can manually tune Low, Mid and High fuel range. "If its not already on the JBP you can import a PC map on to it." If anyone has experience with one I'd love to hear. Otherwise Ill be buying one this winter. :)

Last edited:

Sschwar4

I talked to a Two Bros rep today, TBR maps and Dynojet maps are the same, they share as well as they are compatible on the Juice Box Pro. Side by side the JBP has a few more features than the PCV, everything else is spec for spec. I like how you can manually tune Low, Mid and High fuel range. "If its not already on the JBP you can import a PC map on to it." If anyone has experience with one I'd love to hear. Otherwise Ill be buying one this winter. :)

If your going to wait another 6 months before purchase, things change. The JBPII or PCVI might be available. Technology changes quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yamacat1000

If your going to wait another 6 months before purchase, things change. The JBPII or PCVI might be available. Technology changes quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good thinking. Maybe by then there will be an "Auto tune" add on for the JBP. :D

D

DJK1505

If you plan on any future engine mods, (cam, pistons, head work, anything) the auto tune with the PCV is the way to go. It will automatically adjust everything in real time. You never have to take your bike in for tunning again. Def worth getting the PCV now, and then the auto tune later down the road if/when you start building the bike.

Yamacat1000

Ive been trying to price out a PCV with and without Auto tune. Went to power commander website, not dynojet (same people tho) and its not showing the auto tune available for my model year ('11 FZ8) I am also trying to get my PCV through yamaha and im only able to find one for a FZ1 in their latest catalog. Obviously maps would not be the same but does anyone know if the harness is the same? I may end up calling Yamaha i guess...

D

Deleted member 438

The auto tune is a universal kit that works with the PCV. The one that we need is the kit with a single o2 and I believe the part no. is AT200.

Yamacat1000

So the FZ1 PCV part number is the same unit as the FZ8 even though their part numbers differ significantly. (According to Dynojet) Other than the base map. Now I am in a predicement... Juicebox Pro which is compatable with PCV maps and can be manually tuned for Low , Mid and High range...with NO Autotune that I am aware of. OR, go for the PCV with Autotune and hope that the Autotune is sufficient enough to satisfy my high maintainance expectations..??? What do yall think? Price wise, I can get each within 20 USD of each other (without autotune on PCV) so that is neutral. As far as practicality, fuel delivery, and tuneability which would YOU buy? I know most have a PCV as Dynojet is very reputable however I am very impressed with Two Brothers Racing customer service and quality control on other products. hmmmm?

lothodon

Super Moderator
given that you are even considering the autotune get the pcv. if you go with the juice box then decide later you want the autotune you're screwed. (then again, IF you do that hit me up for selling the juice box.)

Yamacat1000

given that you are even considering the autotune get the pcv. if you go with the juice box then decide later you want the autotune you're screwed. (then again, IF you do that hit me up for selling the juice box.)

Well after learning that JBP and PCV maps are compatible, and the autotune for PCV is kind of "universal" if im not mistaken, I am going to contact TBR and find out if there is an auto tune equivalent available or if there will be one in the future. Unless someone knows? Ill tell you what I find out unless someone beats me to it.

Yamacat1000

Well after learning that JBP and PCV maps are compatible, and the autotune for PCV is kind of "universal" if im not mistaken, I am going to contact TBR and find out if there is an auto tune equivalent available or if there will be one in the future. Unless someone knows? Ill tell you what I find out unless someone beats me to it.

There are no external add on's available for the Juice Box Pro. However, there is downloadable software from TBR that allows you to create your own maps and tune your JBP. You can cycle through maps on the fly. "Riders can literally select between a TBR Power Map, custom-built maps, or even fine tune low, mid or high rpm ranges while sitting on the bike and without plugging in to a computer. Standard +/- 10% increments from selected map settings, different ranges are available using the supplied Top Tune software." - Two Brothers Racing

"Users can load up to 10 of their personally built Power Maps into the Juice Box Pro and select between them while in the saddle" Two Brothers Racing

I find the opportunity to be able to create my own map, make my bike run the way I want it to and know that I did it, not someone else and no one elses bike is running on the same map, very hard to resist. I have access to an EGA as well. My only doubt is that there is no way to control ignition timing. The PCV according to Dynojet's site, "on certain models" there is a +/- 20 degrees of timing adjustment. It does not say whether or not the FZ8's PCV has this feature. Does anyone who has the PCV know if the FZ8 PCV changes ign. timing? The JBP looks to be the equivalent to the DFC by Dynojet. So I'm thinking the PCV does control ignition timing. Can someone verify? Thanks

Last edited:

kbrink

There are no external add on's available for the Juice Box Pro. However, there is downloadable software from TBR that allows you to create your own maps and tune your JBP. You can cycle through maps on the fly. "Riders can literally select between a TBR Power Map, custom-built maps, or even fine tune low, mid or high rpm ranges while sitting on the bike and without plugging in to a computer. Standard +/- 10% increments from selected map settings, different ranges are available using the supplied Top Tune software." - Two Brothers Racing

"Users can load up to 10 of their personally built Power Maps into the Juice Box Pro and select between them while in the saddle" Two Brothers Racing

I find the opportunity to be able to create my own map, make my bike run the way I want it to and know that I did it, not someone else and no one elses bike is running on the same map, very hard to resist. I have access to an EGA as well. My only doubt is that there is no way to control ignition timing. The PCV according to Dynojet's site, "on certain models" there is a +/- 20 degrees of timing adjustment. It does not say whether or not the FZ8's PCV has this feature. Does anyone who has the PCV know if the FZ8 PCV changes ign. timing? The JBP looks to be the equivalent to the DFC by Dynojet. So I'm thinking the PCV does control ignition timing. Can someone verify? Thanks

Just piggy backing on yamacat's post. Checking to see if anyone out there knows if the power commander 5, offers the ability to change ignition timing?
I'm still on the fence on buying the tbr juice box pro or the PCV.

Thanks all.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Can anyone that's gone PCV tell me if you still get a dyno-pass for the first tune when you purchase it new.

Marthy

The PCV is much better in my opinion.

1. Can run advance gear configuration (Map per gear) That give you the opportunity of having "Sport map" in the lower gear and "Touring map" in the upper gear. Best compromise in power and MPG for cruising.

2- PCV as a acceleration pump feature that work amazingly well.

3- PCV is a fuel controller. You can also add the ignition module to it for another $300 or so

4- PCV has 1 optional channel to use. I use it with the PLX MAP sensor. I use 1 map per every gear (1-3=Sport, 4-6=Touring) combine with a Pressure map for under 20% throttle.

5- Auto Tune is a great tool. Tune TPS base over 20% throttle and Pressure base under 20% throttle. If you know how to work with A/T and tune engine already you might end up with great maps. I end up putting together some of the best maps available for the 6R, much better than the map from TB or Dynojet. I will honestly say the most people on the 6R forum use my maps. With PCV or TBPro.

6- - Home - Indysuperbikes has the best deal that I found for PCV.

7- I think I covert everything...

Last edited:

RoadKill

even better than the PCV is the Bazzaz Z-Fi / Z-Fi-MX they have an autotune and traction control and other add-ons (Bazzaz.net) and yes the FZ8 is supported! :)

cooljoe

JuiceBox

I bought a juicebox and so far, so good. It's equally as simple to install as the power commander (I had a PC3 on my last bike) and the software is much better on the computer. It's great to be able to quickly switch maps with a phillips head screw driver, and the ability to tune the low, mid and high on the fly is great as well. I would definitely recommend if you are not using auto-tune on the PC5.