FZ8 Insurance Going Up

dart1963

Super Moderator
same going on with the 6R apparently, but, I'd offer the same question... rider says Yamaha now classes it as sport... but Yamaha used to call it SuperSport, so why are the rates going up when they've lowered the "class" it's in.
Truly believe rider just did some teaser rates to get people on them for a term, just to sneak in higher rates later

Sinooch

I'm a new rider also. when I got insurance on my bike geico tried charging me around 5-600 a month for crappy coverage. The dealer called rider for me and got me full coverage for about 600 for the year. if it stays around there im alright with it

elim70

Under $300/year for full coverage [emoji51]. I'm old though[emoji69]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bimmertech12

through what company?

Country insurance. I have 2 vehicles and a bike. Altogether my insurance dropped 900 bucks a year when i switched from state farm.
And thats coming from a guy who lives 3 blocks from the world wide state farm headquarters.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

$316 a year for full coverage here in Nashville. Not sure if i'm considered old though...31

I'm sure glad I'm not in a high bracket or state. I don't think i'd own a bike if i was paying $900 a year for insurance.

FZ8Panda

Man, some of you guys got some cheap rates. Second season riding, 30yrs old, no tickets or violations of any kind and I'm paying a tad over a grand for full coverage(Progressive) here in NY.

alexk

Weekend Rider
Insurance costs... a never-ending saga.

So here's me and my only bike.

Male, 34, no accidents or tickets. Riding for 3 years now. My driver course discount has expired.
Car, House, Bike all insured through State Farm Mutual.

Full coverage (and I do mean full)... $523/yr.

Bundling insurance packages can make a huge difference. In my case, State Farm Mutual classifies all bikes ridden by customers 30 and over as cruisers - the lowest rate group. R1, Monster 1200, FZ8... all qualify as cruisers for their 30 and over.

So, if you have other things that need to be insured (renters, homeowners, car, boat, etc), price them all TOGETHER. You'd be amazed at how much you can save if you shop around.

Last edited:

FastZ8

I have riders and mine is 330 a year...It actually went down this year it was 430 last year

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

elim70

Man, some of you guys got some cheap rates. Second season riding, 30yrs old, no tickets or violations of any kind and I'm paying a tad over a grand for full coverage(Progressive) here in NY.

I'm in NY too and have progressive. For my bike and wife's atv it's $330/year if I pay in full, $420 if I pay in payments. Im 48 and have had my license since 97 though.

myklobe

$280 / year with State Farm. I moved ALL my insurances over to them because they were significantly cheaper than anyone else around here. 100k/300k on 2 cars and the bike and it's like $105 / month for all 3 vehicles.

FZ8Panda

I'm in NY too and have progressive. For my bike and wife's atv it's $330/year if I pay in full, $420 if I pay in payments. Im 48 and have had my license since 97 though.

Dang, I wish my insurance was that cheap. I'm guessing with my age and limited riding experience, I'm considered a high risk. I don't even wanna imagine how much it would be if I owned a supersport. Just another reason why I love my FZ8 but cheaper insurance wouldn't hurt. :p

So my Riders Ins came up for renewal. It jumped to $1100. I didn't have any claims or tickets. Searched around and signed with Progessive for $330. Never bothered to call and ask why. I am assuming it was what they told me in June, that Rider is classifying the FZ8 as a sport bike. I guess not everyone is classifying it that way.

97audia4

So my Riders Ins came up for renewal. It jumped to $1100. I didn't have any claims or tickets. Searched around and signed with Progessive for $330. Never bothered to call and ask why. I am assuming it was what they told me in June, that Rider is classifying the FZ8 as a sport bike. I guess not everyone is classifying it that way.

yea I said that a few months ago with they called for renewal and the lady tired to be all calm about it and slip it by me. When I asked why my coverage was going up almost 700 beans she came back at me the same line of bullshit.