Fz8 Front Turn Signals Help

Bluehaze09

Hello, so I bought some aftermarket front turn signals and installed them. They worked for a brief moment and then I blew a circuit breaker (backup circuit breaker), so I get a new one and this same thing happens. Can anybody tell me why this is happening?

npeifer2308

It probably has something to do with your wiring. Could be a couple different things but you are over loading the circuit which is causing it to blow. Did the signals come with instructions? If so, I would go back over how you connected them to make sure it is correct. Also, are they LED or incandescent? Cause that could make a difference as well.

Bluehaze09

It probably has something to do with your wiring. Could be a couple different things but you are over loading the circuit which is causing it to blow. Did the signals come with instructions? If so, I would go back over how you connected them to make sure it is correct. Also, are they LED or incandescent? Cause that could make a difference as well.

No instructions but they are LED. The bike has three wires and the lights have two. Right signal only worked with one configuration of the wires and the left I got the right the first try or so I thought. Can the wires be connected different ways to work?

Mikz86ta

No instructions but they are LED. The bike has three wires and the lights have two. Right signal only worked with one configuration of the wires and the left I got the right the first try or so I thought. Can the wires be connected different ways to work?

U need a test light or voltage meter. One is ground, one is park and one is signal. Park I think is blue. Black ground. And green or gray signal. Don't quote me, but if I recall......
U only use ground and signal with ur new lights. Cap off the park lamp wire.

Bluehaze09

U need a test light or voltage meter. One is ground, one is park and one is signal. Park I think is blue. Black ground. And green or gray signal. Don't quote me, but if I recall......
U only use ground and signal with ur new lights. Cap off the park lamp wire.

Yeah so the right side had three colors which I believe we're black green and blue then the left side had black grey and blue, that might be off but the point is they had different colors. So you bringing up I may need to cap one off on the left side makes sense. I will have to try that, possibly I don't need to connect all three wires on the left side for the blinker to work.

HeresMyMind

so make sure you hook up the 2 that make them blink, the 3rd wire is to make it a running light, so make sure you tape that off because if it touches anything it will sort and blow a fuse

front blinker wires are the black (ground) Red and Green. The GREY wires are the constant ON for running lights.

-B

Mikz86ta

Yeah so the right side had three colors which I believe we're black green and blue then the left side had black grey and blue, that might be off but the point is they had different colors. So you bringing up I may need to cap one off on the left side makes sense. I will have to try that, possibly I don't need to connect all three wires on the left side for the blinker to work.

Yep. Blue is park. Cap it off or tape it off. Don't leave it loose to short out and don't connect it.
Black is ground, to negative of your new blinkers.
Gray and green on their respected sides, connect to your positive of your new blinkers.

Check fuses to be sure all of them are still good after u wire em up