FZ8 Front Fork Plug?

JRunner

Hi All...

I am trying to work with a manufacturer of front fork sliders and we are trying to determine if the front axle allows a rod to pass through for the typical slider install. According to the manufacturer I am working with there is a plug preventing this rod from passing through. They said if they knew it could be removed with little force and not side effects they could make an application for the FZ8. Does anyone know if this is true?... can the plug be removed?

There is only two other manufacturers that I know of making a fork slider for the FZ8, one of which "claims" the traditional slider with rod will work, although they have not actually tested the application (11on TRex Yamaha FZ8 Front Axle Sliders), and another that is not using the axle as a connection but rather the hole slightly above the axle, still on the fork, for a mounting point. See pic - SATO RACING | Fork Bottom Sliders - MV Agusta F4 / F4 1000 / Brutale ( -'09) / Yamaha FZ8 / Nissin. I don't think this would be as strong as the through the axle design and so I rather go with the traditional through the axle version.

Thanks in advance...