FZ8 Fender/ Mudguard alternatives?

Fazerboy66

Hi there, anyone know if the front fender/ mudguard is interchangeable with any other Yamaha's? mine got busted in the recent storms when another bike fell into mine taking out my lovely mudguard!
After sniffing around on the web and ebay all i can find are carbon replacements for big bucks and I'm not really a fan of carbon fibre plastics - Gasp!!!
Fenders are pretty basic items and i wondered if any of you guys know if another yamaha shares the same front fender?
All suggestions for cheaper plastic welcome
Andy

FZ8Ryder

Dang sorry to hear about your bike. Something like it has happened to mine.
Not sure if this helps but it looks like the front mudguard from the fz-09 would fit on ours. It's just shaped slightly different. Have been wondering how it would look on our bike.

Woody146

Banned
Online oem yamaha replacement.....they have a site where you can get anything and everything...or where you bought the bike?

Mint

Not long after I got my bike I attempted to reverse it out of my garage with the disc lock still on and took a big chunk out of the front fender. I ended up getting a carbon fibre one, but it was advertised as being for the FZ1....It looked the same, so I did a bit of research and found that the the yamaha part number was the same. Bought the FZ1 carbon one from ebay and it was a straight swap.... it was also half the price of the yamaha one. :)