Fz8/ fazzer swap?

master paper clip

I live the looks of te naked 8 but living in jersey its all flat open roads and the lack of wind protection is getting bothersome, if the fazzer was available in the us i would have gotten it, so basically trying to see if any fazzer owner wanna swap to te naked 8 front end .. Anyone interested let me know and we can hash out the details

Last edited:

charris247

As opposed to swapping the entire bike, you should see if someone wants to swap their fazer front end bits. The FZ8 headlight is pretty sought after.

Good luck. I am in Jersey too and the I believe you'll be heading toward Canada to do a swap.

Another alternative is to contact a canadian dealer and price it out.

master paper clip

Hahaha probably should have been more specific... I actually ment. The headlights and stuff not the whole bike... Where u at in jersey?

canader

I love my fazer to much to swap! But if your interested I can go to my local yamaha dealer this week and price it for you! I want to get a radiator guard this week anyway so maybe I can help a little.

master paper clip

I love my fazer to much to swap! But if your interested I can go to my local yamaha dealer this week and price it for you! I want to get a radiator guard this week anyway so maybe I can help a little.

Hell yeah that be sweet, price whatever is needed if u dont mind... This way i can start saving for it, gotta do my suspension so i can stop wanting to buy another bike then the front end... Thanx again

canader

Hell yeah that be sweet, price whatever is needed if u dont mind... This way i can start saving for it, gotta do my suspension so i can stop wanting to buy another bike then the front end... Thanx again

Will Do! Probably get it to you Wednesday!

master paper clip

I live the look of the 8 naked, was te reason i bought the bike, I went in for a cbr 600... Left with te 8 cause it looked bad ass, I saw the fazer a few weeks later and wanted it even more, like to have both really, that way i can switch every month or so

n00b

Avid Rider
I live the look of the 8 naked, was te reason i bought the bike, I went in for a cbr 600... Left with te 8 cause it looked bad ass, I saw the fazer a few weeks later and wanted it even more, like to have both really, that way i can switch every month or so
I love the looks of the bike in general - not a big fan of the headlight though. So if I can keep the rest of the bike as is and switch to the dual lights and bigger windshield, that'd be a good combo for me

charris247

I love the look of my fz8. I definitely understand the need for wind protection at times (the reason I bought the Givi windscreen), but I am just not a fan of the fazer look.

chodatus

Sorry guys I ended up not being in town this week. Maybe get a chance tomorrow!

canader, do you also mind asking them if the stock FZ1 side radiator covers will be compatible with our Fazer radiator and if they will interfere with our fairings. Haven't had the chance to visit the dealers to ask. If you get a chance, thanks in advance.

master paper clip

canader, do you also mind asking them if the stock FZ1 side radiator covers will be compatible with our Fazer radiator and if they will interfere with our fairings. Haven't had the chance to visit the dealers to ask. If you get a chance, thanks in advance.

They fit I've seen it done before

canader

Hey all,

Ok so the dealer is putting together a price for me. He asked to give him a couple days cause he is very busy with all the new crates coming in. He is 90% sure the FZ1 radiator side covers fit the FZ8 and will look into it with the fazer fairing!

He's a good dealer to work with because his personal bike has been a Fazer 8 each new model year. I told him about the forum and hopefully he joins up.

Sorry about the delays! Its a busy time for my line of work!

master paper clip

No problem thanks for looking into that for me, anothe idea is I saw a buell street fighter that someone attached the entire front fairings and all to it from a panigali... Looks bad ass ill have to find it again to get some pics for refference

n00b

Avid Rider
Hey all,

Ok so the dealer is putting together a price for me. He asked to give him a couple days cause he is very busy with all the new crates coming in. He is 90% sure the FZ1 radiator side covers fit the FZ8 and will look into it with the fazer fairing!

He's a good dealer to work with because his personal bike has been a Fazer 8 each new model year. I told him about the forum and hopefully he joins up.

Sorry about the delays! Its a busy time for my line of work!

It's OK, we'll just "suffer" with our naked bikes while you take your time. ROFL.

Thanks for looking into this man

canader

Sorry guys! I travel alot for work and dealer is not open on Sunday yet.

Ok so needed for conversion are upper and lower headlight cowling, windshield, cowling bracket (sold seperate from upper and lower) headlight assembly, mirrors.

Total out the door cost for all with tax in Ontario was $2435.96