Fz8 colour codes

Hello everyone.

I'm the proud owner of a fz8 and have been for 2 years now ive treated the bike very well, kept it clean and used fs365 to keep the rust at bay as I'm a all year rider. Anyway it spends it's nights under a cover locked up and due to the very windy winter we've been having in the uk it seems the paint on the rear fender is rubbing off :mad: and I'm trying to astablish the colour code for my white fz8 :confused: does anyone have a link or any direction to point me to help me find the code?

Last edited:

eggserronius

Check colorite. That's what I used on my r6. They had a lot of information for yamahas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

H

Hoover

I have the same problem. My bike sits under a cover outside and the paint on my "fairing" is showing signs of wear from the rubbing.

ian1953

Hello everyone.

I'm the proud owner of a fz8 and have been for 2 years now ive treated the bike very well, kept it clean and used fs365 to keep the rust at bay as I'm a all year rider. Anyway it spends it's nights under a cover locked up and due to the very windy winter we've been having in the uk it seems the paint on the rear fender is rubbing off :mad: and I'm trying to astablish the colour code for my white fz8 :confused: does anyone have a link or any direction to point me to help me find the code?

it is competition white

Many thanks for the reply. Have to take it too my local touch up guy now hopefully he can blend it out. I did have an xjr under the same cover but I never had this problem :mad: I suppose that's due to the styling of the fz8s jagged faring. You wouldn't think it was a major problem but when it comes to holding the value of the bike it becomes a major no no.

D

Deleted member 438

My Hondas lived under the same cover that my fz8 does and they never had these issues. I think the paint and clear is thin on our bike, but I've also heard that newer paint has changed because of environmental restrictions.

H

Hoover

Yamaha's paint has always been a weak point. My TL sat under the same cover for years and never showed any wear.

D

Deleted member 438

Yamaha's paint has always been a weak point. My TL sat under the same cover for years and never showed any wear.

This is making me think of rattle canning it satin black. I did the plastic part on the tank in satin black and it turned out decent.

H

Hoover

This is making me think of rattle canning it satin black. I did the plastic part on the tank in satin black and it turned out decent.

I have ordered a couple of cool decals from Andy Sparrow's Bloodrunners page.
I may just put one of those on and get my mate to shoot a coat of clear over the top in his paint bay.

D

Deleted member 438

Hoover, I might have to see if you can get me a quote from your paint guy. A thick clear coat is probably all the bike needs.

Well I've ordered a paint pen code bwc1 which is competition white as mentioned set me back a cool £8 as "it's not worth a respray" it's costs more than ordering a new rear fender which is £140 from Yamaha spares :eek: pretty kniffed off the warrenty doesn't cover the paint.