fz8 ais removal????

popeye

Howdo! Can anyone tell me when removing the ais can the solenoid just be unplugged or do you need some plug to fool the loom in to thinking its still there? Goin to rip it out its gotta go! But don't want any codes...

NoNine4me

Howdo! Can anyone tell me when removing the ais can the solenoid just be unplugged or do you need some plug to fool the loom in to thinking its still there? Goin to rip it out its gotta go! But don't want any codes...
Try to resist the impulse; it doesn't hurt a thing and doesn't weigh enough to make any difference in handling!;)

master paper clip

Of course disabling the ais isn't needed unless u plan on doing some Dyno tuning or if u get an after market can and don't like the loud pops and snaps

Woody146

Banned
Have graves can..just put in graves block off...still pops a weeeeee little bit on hard decel..sounds better to me...getting full graves soon..don't want pop in that....would love to dyno my bike if there was still one in the area.....if your all stock..your not going to notice a thing...

popeye

Thanks for all your in put just thinking of taking them off so I get no problems with the dyno thats going to be done soon

Woody146

Banned
There is an instructables in the how to section somewhere...gives you step by step directions and pictures....thanks jumbo for all of those..they help a lot!!

9 Lives

It will not set any codes if you unplug it, if you decide to go that way. You should seal the open connector to keep the water out which could cause a short circuit. I sniped off the connector on the AIS with about an inch of wire hanging out, sealed the ends of the wires with heat shrink and plugged it back in, the connector itself is sealed.

popeye

It will not set any codes if you unplug it, if you decide to go that way. You should seal the open connector to keep the water out which could cause a short circuit. I sniped off the connector on the AIS with about an inch of wire hanging out, sealed the ends of the wires with heat shrink and plugged it back in, the connector itself is sealed.

sounds like a plan that gotta be a good way of keeping any moisture out.
tho it only gets wet when I wash it......