fz8 50th anniversary edition. please help!!

atxthefons

i VERY BADLY want to get one of the 2012 yamaha fz8 50th anniversary edition but i can only find them for sale in canada and i live in america. if i bought one from canada would it meet the (EPA) and (DOT) regulations in america so i could have it permanently imported?? or are the specifications different in canada? i really need help with this please. thank you.

atxthefons

:depressed: im interested in buying a authentic 50th anniversary. numbered/ with certificate of authenticity. Not just for the paint job. but thanks for the reply fz8bikr.

if anyone can help me find answer to the questions above, i would be very grateful thanks.

RD GUY

:depressed: im interested in buying a authentic 50th anniversary. numbered/ with certificate of authenticity. Not just for the paint job. but thanks for the reply fz8bikr.

if anyone can help me find answer to the questions above, i would be very grateful thanks.

I got the 50th FZ8 is does not come numbered or w/certificate only the R1/R6 did, for about $1500.00 you could by all the bodywork to make one.

atxthefons

Thats alittle disappointing but thank you very much for the info RD GUY, yours is beautiful!! on your 50th are the red and black stripes painted on or are they decals?

Anybody know how many of the fz8 50th's were made world wide?

If anyone was modified and ordinary fz8 to look like the 50th could you tell me how you went about doing this. did you have the graphics painted on or are they decals. (if decals, did you have them custom made or did you find some available for sale)

Thank you to every one posting on this thread its helping me out alot. thanks.

Stumpy

:)There is a company in England that do the graffix for these, Image Works at Ilkeston, they do some excellent work. I know this as I have one of there custom decal kits.

atxthefons

wow that looks very nice. would you post another pic of that bike or point me to a thread on here with custom graphic kits like those you mentioned. thanks for the help stumpy.
im coming to the conclusion the 50th edition is very impractical for me to try and acquire. ill most likely buy and ordinary one now knowing their not numbered or have certificates. i still love that bike and think its very unique. thanks for the help everyone.

Stumpy

Thanks, no kit was already installed when I bought the bike, I will wait till winter then pull panels off and have laquered.

BigD

Love the decals dude! Also another Uk rider! Good times!
I have the 50th anniversary edition in Surrey