FZ1-N naked conversion on FZ8 possible?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I like the look of the fz1 naked better than our fz8 because it sits lower and more flush and over all looks better. Does anyone think it's possible to do a conversion on an fz8? I found the whole kit here.
Euro Style FZ-1 Headlight Conversion Kit With Radiator Guards from Part Shark Catalog

The only thing that I can say is the headlight is smaller, so you're going to most likely lose visibility, as there is less reflector for light. I can say that you can cream a huge projector in there if money is no object. Getting the headlight isn't going to change the look of those headers.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD

master paper clip

The only thing that I can say is the headlight is smaller, so you're going to most likely lose visibility, as there is less reflector for light.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD

Lmao not as though the fz8 has good visibility to begin with, yamaha really dropped the ball on that part of the bike, personally i think the craptastic stock light is a major mistake on yamahas behalf, just dont think lighting should be skimped on to save money... Just my opinion though

ssky0078

With a xenon bulb in my fz1n I'm happy with the visibility and would say its close to the fz6 visibility. With the brights on its comparable. The projector I'm sure would be better but the fz1n when aimed properly which is tricky will do the job even riding at night when I'm stuck in my tinted visor.

I actually test rode the fz8 and liked the height if the gauges better because you don't have to take your sight off the road as much when checking speed.

If you're interested the fz1n I have a threads for both the conversion and my bike mod on the fz1 forum To attach the fz1n to the bike there is 2 bolts in the bottom up the upper triple and 2 in the lower triple.

Last edited: