FZ1 Handlebar pics

DanS

Commuter
That looks fantastic I was thinking of doing the that mod did you have to change out the cabling or are they stock
Thank you! The cables are all stock, I did have to reposition the brake line slightly.
Edit:
Also I had to drill one hole for the throttle cable housing, approximately 1/4" outboard and 1/4" lower than the original hole.

Last edited:

thach1130

That looks nice. The downward angle of the grip should be more comfortable. Blast it FZ8 forum...er i mean 799cc forum, only a few week into the riding seasons and i'm already a few hundred dollars down in mods.

DanS

Commuter
That looks nice. The downward angle of the grip should be more comfortable. Blast it FZ8 forum...er i mean 799cc forum, only a few week into the riding seasons and i'm already a few hundred dollars down in mods.
Thank you! It actually is more comfortable for me, leaning a bit forward puts my back into a more comfortable position. You're lucky you don't live down here, with an off season of only a week or two you might go broke :D
changed the riding position any?

Yes but not a lot, hands are a bit lower and I lean fwd a little.

DanS

Commuter
Nice mirrors! I think ive already asked but what brand are they, and can you see better?
Thanks Alex, I bought them on Amazon:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LF6EEE/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: High Quality Black Triangle Demon Blade Style CNC Machined Billet Aluminum Rearview Side Mirrors 8MM 10MM Mounting Tool Bolts For Yamaha YZF R1 R6 MT-01 MT-03 WR TDM TDR TW Fazer XJR TDM XJ XTZ V Max WR FZ1 FZ6 FZ8: Automotive[/ame]
I wish I could see more but these are the best Ive tried so far. With the stock mirrors I couldn't seem to see past my shoulders, Ive also tried some bar end mirrors.

Wolf

Yes but not a lot, hands are a bit lower and I lean fwd a little.

Are they any wider?

I got a set of drag bars for my SV650 years ago and loved the width. Gave it more of a dirtbike feel rather than a narrow supersport clip-on position.

Last edited:

DanS

Commuter
Are they any wider?

I got a set of drag bars for my SV650 years ago and loved the width. Gave it more of a dirtbike feel rather than a narrow supersport clip-on position.
Same width as the stock bars.

funnelli

Would it be possible to install these guys without the risers? I would like a flat, low stance, without going as narrow as clip ons.

I'll second the above, will they work with the original risers without fouling the tank?
Kind regards.