FZ1 forks

97audia4

thanks for the info im hoping to get mine started this winter, but im holding out and riding all the days I can get in.

rug_burn

Might be a silly questions to ask, but if FZ1 owners are using R1 forks and we can use the FZ1 forks on our FZ8, would it be possible for us to use R1 forks on our FZ8?

The reason I am asking is I have access to a few left over parts of a R1 track bike.

Here's another idea- How about if we make some replacement valving to convert our existing FZ8 forks to the equivalent of R1 or R6 forks? I'd rather use ours, and upgrade the innards than replace the forks completely, that way we could keep it more 'pure' FZ8..

It ain't that difficult, particularly if you deal in this type of stuff all the time and that'd be me, a mechanical engineer. My day job is designing electrical and other valves and connection hardware for custom aerospace and defense applications, right down to the anodizing. Of course, anodizing per MIL-A-8625, which won't fade, and black, gold or other custom colors possible.

I can take a look at the starting point- the FZ8 forks, but has someone taken apart one of these R1 forks, and shot some photos to use for the upgrade? Drawings or sketches with dimensions are even better.

I know someone else may have done something similar for other forks, but to my knowledge nothing for the FZ8 units. Reverse engineering this stuff is a piece of cake.

Btucker1420

2011 fz8

Hey i found a whole front end forks wheel rotor brakes axel off a 02 r1 was wondering if i would have any problems bolting that right on my 2011 fz8

PMD6

I'm thinking of fitting r1 internals to my forks - does anyone know the dimension of the spacers to be fitted?