FZ1 Battery into FZ8?

minja714

Okay, I didnt have the battery on a tender so i need to replace my battery. I want a bigger battery and i notice it can fir a bigger one if you remove the dinky piece of foam.

so... will the ytz14s be a good idea to stink in there? the CCA is a little more. I dont know if thats a bad thing. cca 220 compared to 190.

hmmm...

S

Shock

I would think that it would fit but if you can get the dimensions on each. Let us know.

Oh I totally agree with Chinese parts aren't compatible with my bike either.

D

DJK1505

The higher CCA would just make it spin over a bit quicker. Not really sure you would get much advantage out of a little bigger battery. Is there a big price difference?

DJ

minja714

no its only a 12 dollar difference but the Amp/hour is 10. Thats gotta be a plus right?

im trying to research all this mumbo jumbo online but there is a lot of sites and myths about the numbers on the batteries. kinda overwhemling.

D

DJK1505

I mean for 12 bucks who really cares. If you were running a few more accessories, or a full heated suit, you might want the extra bit. It might help a tad on the start up, I sometimes have to hold my start button a good second or two before the engine catches. maybe a little extra on the initial spin might be the trick.

DJ

minja714

I mean for 12 bucks who really cares. If you were running a few more accessories, or a full heated suit, you might want the extra bit. It might help a tad on the start up, I sometimes have to hold my start button a good second or two before the engine catches. maybe a little extra on the initial spin might be the trick.

DJ

you know what? your right! im gonna double check my measurements and buy it. I was hoping there are some fz1 guys in here that confirm that its a fit because i am really cutting it close here. very very snug.