Future FZ8 owner from Illinois but in Spain right now.

belleau1977

Hello everyone I was in the market for a Fz-07 with my mind completely made up that's what I wanted even after the test ride but after seeing how dirt cheap I can get the FZ8 as a leftover model my mind quickly changed. I've seen the FZ8 for as low as $4,999 but right now $5,999 is as low as I can find on Cycletrader. I'm 6' tall 218 lbs so the FZ8 fits me better physically I can tell than the FZ-07 does. I have not test rode a FZ8 but I've had two kawasaki Z1000's prior so I know the engine will be very compatible to that. I still have four months till I come home but right now I've swayed over to the FZ8 due to price and how it fits me being more comfy in the seating area. I know you all mention the seat is uncomfortable but I sat on it and it's nothing like my hard z1000 seat. I want a 2013 leftover model which I've tried buying one now through a dealer but I have to be in person to sign the paperwork or have a family member do it for me which I don't want them going through that hassle for me. Hope I can still catch a leftover model new when I get home or at least a month out put a deposit down.

Sinooch

Hey, i highly recommend the FZ8. it was my first bike and i absolutely love it. I hope you can still find a new 2013. I picked up the last one at my local dealer but i paid quite a bit more than that since it was the beginning of last year and it just recently been discontinued as oppose to any new 2013's that are still laying around. Im sure dealers are looking to get rid them lol. Well good luck picking up the bike you want and i wish you the best of luck.

belleau1977

2013 I wish!

Hey, i highly recommend the FZ8. it was my first bike and i absolutely love it. I hope you can still find a new 2013. I picked up the last one at my local dealer but i paid quite a bit more than that since it was the beginning of last year and it just recently been discontinued as oppose to any new 2013's that are still laying around. Im sure dealers are looking to get rid them lol. Well good luck picking up the bike you want and i wish you the best of luck.

Crossing my fingers I can jump on a new 2013 model. It's the only year I'd think about since it has the upgrades to it.

belleau1977

My thread I started in General Discussions isn't working so here goes.

So I'm super close to coming home in three months now from overseas from my short tour in Spain. I decided to check the local CL ads in St Loius yesterday and noticed the FZ8 this guy had posted for $5,000 dropped to $4,500 and only has 829 miles on it as a 2011 model he bought new and never got much use out of due to having kids and being married. Out of the 18 bikes in 20 years I've owned I have never had a new bike which I planned on getting when I get back. I have been dreaming of getting a GSX-S750 for four years now since it has been on the market in Europe this whole time and just now came to the states. I got an OTD price for the Suzuki for $8,100 from Westfield Powersports in Indiana. Even after DMV fees on the FZ8 it's $3,000 more but I get that first time new bike feeling walking out the door and a warranty plus the bike I have always wanted. I very much so like the FZ8 and spent an hour at the local dealer looking at it and sitting on it which it fits my 6' frame of 215 lbs perfectly! I know the 2013 models have the fork upgrade which honestly I've never noticed suspension on sportbike said since I'm not an aggressive rider so I don't think the 2011 suspension will matter much. I know with the money saved I can put a Yoshimira slip on exhaust on the bike, pazzo levers, TRex sliders, and tail tidy and still have buttloads left. I can get the FZ8 now vs the Suzuki I need to finance for like $3,000 or more which doesn't bother me but if I get the FZ8 debt free pretty much right away as I'm putting down all the money no loans. Basically if I'm going to pull the trigger on this bike I need to do it like this week. The guy said he has been trying to sell it for the past two seasons now so and he really hasn't started it much in between so any issues here or anything I need to be concerned about? Also he has never changed the oil yet so original oil since new which definitely needs to be changed. He's 32 years old also so hopefully not abused from what he said for break in time. Thank you for any replies or info and yes I know this is a steal!!! The picture is of me on my dream bike.

2011 Yamaha FZ8

View attachment 5615

er1c_b

Where are you at in Illinois? I noticed that they still had a 2013 FZ8 in the showroom of BBK Kawasaki when I took my FZ8 in for the 600 mile service. I bought one of the 2 that they had for $5995 last year in August. It might be even cheaper now.

Keach

I won't claim to know a ton about the Suzuki you are interested in but I do believe they are very similar in power, styling, and comfort. To me the suzuki wouldn't be worth the more than 3k price tag new. As mentioned above you can probably find a left over 8 for about 6k OTD maybe even less and you are still saving 2k. With 2k you can do about everything you need to do to the 8 including a decent suspension that I'm sure is better than the stock suzuki set up. Fz8 or suzuki you are going to want to make modifications for styling. I've probably spent about 2k in changing/upgrading stuff on my bike to make it what I want. Offer the guy 4k for the 2011 and u would have a deal that to me is better than buying a new suzuki or leftover fz8 all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

belleau1977

Where are you at in Illinois? I noticed that they still had a 2013 FZ8 in the showroom of BBK Kawasaki when I took my FZ8 in for the 600 mile service. I bought one of the 2 that they had for $5995 last year in August. It might be even cheaper now.

My family is at Scott AFB in Belleville by St. Louis right now and I have three months to go till I'm home from Spain. I looked up the dealer you mentioned but it's Chicagoland area so no good for me. This bike I found is 100 miles away and the guy can deliver if he finds a trailer. I saw on Cycletrader back in November when I came home for a month there were several $4,999 left over 2013 models but right now the cheapest are like $5,700 range which is still good.

belleau1977

I won't claim to know a ton about the Suzuki you are interested in but I do believe they are very similar in power, styling, and comfort. To me the suzuki wouldn't be worth the more than 3k price tag new. As mentioned above you can probably find a left over 8 for about 6k OTD maybe even less and you are still saving 2k. With 2k you can do about everything you need to do to the 8 including a decent suspension that I'm sure is better than the stock suzuki set up. Fz8 or suzuki you are going to want to make modifications for styling. I've probably spent about 2k in changing/upgrading stuff on my bike to make it what I want. Offer the guy 4k for the 2011 and u would have a deal that to me is better than buying a new suzuki or leftover fz8 all day long.

Here's a picture of me sitting on the Suzuki. I love that bike but for the price of a leftover 2013 or even this 2011 with 829 miles I can like you said put all my upgrades on it and still have loads of money left over but still have a new bike. The main things I want to do just like most of you guys on here is a Yoshimura slip on double exhaust, pazzo levers, seat cowl, tail tidy, and a better seat for comfort. DMV cost on the 2011 would be around $300-$500 I'm guessing maybe less where the Suzuki I got a quote for $8,100 OTD but either way well over $3,000 saved. Still waiting on a video of the guy riding the bike but he did send me a video of the bike running and a walk around. Love the glossy black more than the matte grey which still is nice but black has a sexiness to it. Thinking of doing a red, black, white decal design on bike if I get it or stick with black, gold, and white decals and add ons.

image.jpg

Keach

A big fan of the gloss black as well. The suzuki looks great too although I hate that open space at the top of the engine and frame...looks like something is missing. Wow I can't believe you were seeing the 8 for 5k new. The 8 looks pretty ugly stock, but you can turn it into this: