Fuel...

jonnyedwards1981

What kind if mileage are people getting out of a full tank? My bike is very new (literally 350 miles) and so am sure will get better but I am lucky to get 100 miles from a full tank

n00b

Avid Rider
By the time I dip into the reserve I'm usually at about 120 miles. First couple of tanks I got 54 and 48 mpg. Now about 40. I'm a new rider so I def took it easy in the beginning and am getting more comfortable on it, and the mileage reflects that. Also my riding is mostly back road commute riding so not extended high speed stuff

master paper clip

By the time I dip into the reserve I'm usually at about 120 miles. First couple of tanks I got 54 and 48 mpg. Now about 40. I'm a new rider so I def took it easy in the beginning and am getting more comfortable on it, and the mileage reflects that. Also my riding is mostly back road commute riding so not extended high speed stuff

I'm right around 130 when my f-trip comes on

lyric911

Cool, I read another review if the bike ages ago and someone claimed 170 miles on a full tank. It ain't happening!!!

My average per fill-up is 120. I've broken the 170 barrier twice, but I almost always fill up as soon as F-trip starts blinking. There's nearly a gallon in the tank still when it starts blinking.

sinclap2

Lazy
I usually get ~200km (124 miles) too, from ~13 litres (3 US /2 UKGallons online convertor). That is from memory, which is usually quite dodgy.

Oh by the way, the metric system is sooooo much easier :D

mrthompson

My average per fill-up is 120. I've broken the 170 barrier twice, but I almost always fill up as soon as F-trip starts blinking. There's nearly a gallon in the tank still when it starts blinking.

I get around 150 before mine starts blinking. And the almost gallon left in the tank drives me nuts. My old r6s was 200 before the fuel light.

ramrod

Best: 44.1 MPG
Worst: 37.7 MPG

It's mostly a commuter, but I find pockets where there is no one in front of me and I open her up.

F

Fazed

I got 268km out of the tank once which I think is close to 170 miles. Still had about 2.5 litres in the tank which means I could have probably gone another 40kms. I think the flashing warning comes on way too early, but it's always unnerving seeing the fuel meter flashing away with the thought in your mind, when will it run out?

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I usually get about 40 mpg, but this last fill up I only got 35. Guess I got a little excited about getting through the first break in period.

H

Hoover

Remember folks, the "Imperial gallon/ European gallon" is 1.2 US gallons. Figure that into the equation when you compare our bikes.

RealoRc

First fillup was right after I left the dealer.

2nd fillup and got 27.62mpg.
81.7 miles on 2.958 gallons.
3/4ths of the riding was stop light traffic.

3rd fillup, 35.94mpg!

Last edited: