Front wheel removal?

D

Deleted member 438

14 is kind of an odd size, and if I remember correctly, it wasn't one of the bits included in most sets.

H

Hoover

Sorry, but if you own a Jap bike, you should own a good quality allen socket set. They are not that spendy. You can buy them from Mac, Matco, Snap-on, Craftsmen or whoever.
For less than a C note, you can own a set of 3/8 allen sockets, a short extension, a 3/8 ratchet, a 1/4 ratchet and a 3/8 to 1/4 adaptor.

Friends, I urge you to spend a bit and do your own. Not in a DJ kind of way, but learn enough to take your wheels off for tire changes, oil changes, parts swapping (modding) blah blah blah.

You will not regret it.

RoadKill

i ordered a hex-bit from the web. then saw one at autozone the next day.
it was disappointing to find out the right size did not come in the tool kit.

lyric911

i ordered a hex-bit from the web. then saw one at autozone the next day.
it was disappointing to find out the right size did not come in the tool kit.

This is why I started the thread. I thought my tool set was defective. It is, but so is everyone's. Thread over.

D

DJK1505

Damn man it doesnt go that small. I forgot it didnt fit. My bad brother. I have never used it to take tire off, used it on an 01 fz1 I worked on last year. I am prob doing it wrong, but I dont even use an allen on the axle at all. Just back the bolt out a bit and tap with a rubber mallet. Pull my axle out. Sorry for the bad info homie.

DJ

Last edited:

shadowman

I don't have a great selection of allen keys over 10mm, but I have a crapload of imperial ones... FYI 14mm=9/16.

master paper clip

Sorry, but if you own a Jap bike, you should own a good quality allen socket set. They are not that spendy. You can buy them from Mac, Matco, Snap-on, Craftsmen or whoever.
For less than a C note, you can own a set of 3/8 allen sockets, a short extension, a 3/8 ratchet, a 1/4 ratchet and a 3/8 to 1/4 adaptor.

Friends, I urge you to spend a bit and do your own. Not in a DJ kind of way, but learn enough to take your wheels off for tire changes, oil changes, parts swapping (modding) blah blah blah.

You will not regret it.

Agree with that, I believe everyone should know how to do basic maintenance on there vehicles, none of its over complicated and pretty straight forward with some common sense... That's why whenever people ask me for help I always make sure I show them what I'm doing so they know the next time