Front wheel fitted the wrong way round... SINCE NEW!!

HeadFX

I bought my Fz8n brand new back in September 2012 and I've only done 4000 miles since. Yesterday I topped up the air in my front tyre and noticed that the front tyre was fitted the wrong way round.... at least that was I originally thought! As I circled the bike cursing the shop I bought it from, I noticed that the spokes on the front wheel were angled the opposite way to the back. Sure enough when I looked closer at one of the front spokes, there was a small direction arrow and it was pointing in the wrong direction. So the tyre was fitted correctly but the wheel was not!

The front tyre was still the original (Bridgestone). I took the bike back to the shop I bought it from and the shop owner passed it off as something that must have happened at the factory but ultimately wouldn't have any affect on the bike. I'm not accepting that and will be writing to Yamaha UK direct to tell them how pissed off and angry I am at this. I got the shop to write a note stating that the wheel had been fitted incorrectly from new. Four thousand miles with the wheel (and tyre) facing the wrong way which wasn't picked up in Japan, the original pre delivery inspection or first service - I'm stunned.

Anyway guys, this is just a heads up to suggest that you check your front wheel. If you do find a problem, take a picture of it. I hope I'm the only one...

pigdog

that sucks but know this. on some bikes like the road star warrior & a few others, the front wheel will go on only the correct way & its good to know that the fz8 front wheel is multi directional (in a sense). the directional arrows on front & rear wheels are there for a reason & the dealer is responsible even if it came that way from the factory. dealer has a checklist that the mechanic inspecting a new bike has to check & sign off.

myklobe

After reading this, I went directly down to the parking lot and checked mine (since I just got it a month ago and haven't had to change the tires yet). Mine is fitted in the right direction.

I'm really interested to see if this is a trend or if that was a factory/dealership screw up. Subbing to this post to watch.