Front sprocket

NORE

Hello everybody
Quick question. I want to change my front sprocket for a 17t but the only one i find is a 530 not a 525 as the oem. Please forgive my ignorance if it is a stupid question but can i keep my chain and rear sprocket ?

9 Lives

The chain and sprockets have to be the same size. AFAM makes the sprocket your looking for, I have one on my bike. Part# 21805-17

9 Lives

Yes, I did mine for a couple of reasons. It brought the engine out of the "buzz" range on the hiway at speeds I normally cruse at and it corrected my speedo error, its bang on now. Not interested in doing wheelies ect and if I need to pass someone on the hiway I just shift down another gear.

Last edited:

NORE

thank you for the info. Yeah man I want more speed at lower revs. a fast and smooth ride.

9 Lives

The main reason I changed the sprocket was for hiway cruising, it dropped the rpms down by about 1k from 6k to 5k at 110 kmph which is about 68 mph. I have checked it with a GPS and my speedo is right on the money, before I was about 10kmph out. You will lose a bit of acceleration, not much it still pulls very hard. As far as top end, I couldn't say I have never had it to its max speed, my drivers license and bike are too important to me to lose just to see how fast it will go. I personally like the difference in its cruising RPM the bike has lots of torque to compensate for the higher gear ratio and doesn't seem to work as hard.

Last edited:

NORE

Thank you for your replay. Now did u have to add links to the chain or left like it was. One more question, how about low speed riding 0 to 40?

NORE

Hi. 9Lives
I read on other posts that u might have the Jumbo map or at least the link to it, would u mind sharing it. If u agree ill send u a pm with my email.
Thanks

9 Lives

Thank you for your replay. Now did u have to add links to the chain or left like it was. One more question, how about low speed riding 0 to 40?

I didn't have add links, there was enough room left in the adjustment. Its not a huge difference in gear ratio and is hardly noticeable at low speeds. It is a touch more on the throttle from a stop, just a bit, nothing that would make a big difference.

NORE

Hey 9lives
I know its getting old. But i' ve been looking for that 17T sprocket but i cant find it. Please tell me where u got it from.

9 Lives

Hey 9lives
I know its getting old. But i' ve been looking for that 17T sprocket but i cant find it. Please tell me where u got it from.

I got it from a Motorcycle store in BC Canada called Bayside Performance Bayside Performance, Sportbike Accessories They had to order it in from somewhere, not sure where they got it.

I also found this website, they are in Singapore but the website says they mainly import to the US.
Welcome to Unique Motorsports Pte Ltd

Not sure where to find it in the US, you may have to get it online.

NORE

Hi
Hey man i order the sproket online on the bayside performance store and they cancel my order saying that the part im looking for its not for my bike.
???

NORE

That is what i've been trying but i can not find it. I think imma try a 42t rear. Any suggestions?