front/rear sprockets

howattzer

HI there,

After doing some reading here, as well as anything I could find online, I am changing out the sprockets on my Fazer8 for a -1 +2 combo.

I did it on my FZ6 as well as another bike I owned. Question is, from those that have done it, have I gone too far?

Before everything arrives I don't want to install and then realize it is too much and a simple 15 front would have been enough. I am not concerned about mpg or speedo error. Just real world expereince from those who have done it and their feedback.

I am 200 pounds, my passenger is 135. I will rarely exceed 200 km/h but if it is too buzzy for normal riding, or simply just too short geared I will listen carefully to real world feedback and take consideration prior to install.

Last edited:

RD GUY

stock is 16/46 if you think doing both is going to be too much try just the front first ,I did both 15/48 and am very happy w/ the mod also there is a few threads on this,do both you wont be disappointed imo.

Woody146

Banned
stock is 16/46 if you think doing both is going to be too much try just the front first ,I did both 15/48 and am very happy w/ the mod also there is a few threads on this,do both you wont be disappointed imo.

You park in your house!?!

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I think someone called it out in another thread..... Just can't remember which one! I think it's for sale *drool*