Front paddock stand

DanS

Commuter
I was going repack my front wheel bearings over the weekend but my stand doesn't work with the fz8 forks. What do you guys use?
This is what I have -

black8

Thats what i use no problems why doesnt yours work what problem you having? are you using a rear stand at the same time?

tjfisher

If you contact the blackwidow rep or dealer you should(might) be able to get the different attachments for it that way no need for a new one

DanS

Commuter
Thats what i use no problems why doesnt yours work what problem you having? are you using a rear stand at the same time?
No I haven't tried it with the rear on a stand. The problem is the pins are so long the go all the way to the axle and seem to go into the forks at a bad angle. This stand worked just fine with my previous Suzuki

DanS

Commuter
If you contact the blackwidow rep or dealer you should(might) be able to get the different attachments for it that way no need for a new one
Thanks I will try that
Edit: Ok I got online and looked at all the black widow front stands, called the distributor and I was told that none of the parts are interchangeable from one model to the next and that I would need to buy another stand. Here's some pics of the different fork fittings for the different stands they sell. They all look interchangeable to me.

Last edited: