Front blinkers

aabindas

Has anyone had a problem with after changing the front blinkers to aftermarket ones. That the headlight goes out? Suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

aabindas

Okay so i was looking under the seats and right behind the fuse box on the passenger seat side there's a pos and neg wire sitting there not plugged into anything. Anyone else have the same? Is that spose to be plugged into something? I can't find the male side to it.

Fazer401

Let there be light

I didn't get to check,but I can tell you that's not unusual. If you did unplug a harness by accident, the other side would be right there easy to see- don't go nuts looking for a male that doesn't exist! You could've shorted out when you were installing the blinkers, have you checked to see if you popped a fuse? The only weird thing is I don't BELIEVE the FZ shares a fuse, I think it's got one for the blinkers and another for the headlight. But hey, it wouldn't be the first time a misplaced screwdriver or bit of wire blew a neighbors fuse, that's definitely where to start. Then whip out the multimeter I guess, maybe check the switch for the headlight for function, although the odds of a switch going bad or a bulb dying on a new bike exactly while you change the signals is less than likely.

Fazer401

I love a good mystery too

Okay so i was looking under the seats and right behind the fuse box on the passenger seat side there's a pos and neg wire sitting there not plugged into anything. Anyone else have the same? Is that spose to be plugged into something? I can't find the male side to it.

Could be for an easy addition of a battery tender or some such,every bikes got a "mystery" harness that goes nowhere, it's a freebie. Your car probably has a dozen, BIG freebie! We should all harvest our mystery harnesses and sell them on eBay for gas money.

aabindas

Whats weird is that when I flip the switch to brights the blue indicator doesn't light up on the dash. And i checked the headlight fuse and that's not blown. I've pushed in all the connections a million times thinking I missed something but its just not turning on. So im just stuck... Not sure what else to look for.

aabindas

So I'm a dumb ass and didn't realize the bike had to be running for the light to be on... But i did get a high output Piaa bulb in and my blinkers on. And waxed. Looks great!

DanS

Commuter
Oh man... I was wanted to ask you if the engine was running when you first posted this but I was afraid you would be offended. Sorry. Glad you figured it out!