For the love of 2 wheels.

krillz

My wife and I had new friends over the house. The fella wanted to see my garage. When we went in he said something to me. "Why do you have 3 motorcycles"? I replied, "Because I cant afford 4"!! He didn't get it.
I was 7 for the X-mas of 1986 and my single father bought me a 1987 XR80. My passion was born, and 27 years later still loving it.
So let me hear your love of 2 wheels.

Jacek3743

Ever since the FZ8 came to the US, I was in love with it and wanted it. I was 17-18 at the time and my parents said "we're never getting a motorcycle" so my parents were completely against bikes. Our friend persuaded us to get a dirt bike, and my dad said sure. well, 2 years after that, we have 6 bikes in our garage.... soon to be 7. Ever since then, I can't get off the bike and ride as much as I can.

Shorted

I was blessed by having a dad who was into bikes and cars. It started in Christmas when I was 10 years old when he put a 70cc Honda underneath the tree without me having any clue that was coming, and quite a few bikes since then, I have not stop riding ever since.

pigdog

in 1957 or 58 i saw a honda 50 for the first time & i was hooked. when i got out of the army in 70 my first bike was a 68 bsa thunderbolt. ive had bikes ever since. fz8 is my 3rd brand new bike. now i have to get some body armor for these old bones.

Jacek3743

in 1957 or 58 i saw a honda 50 for the first time & i was hooked. when i got out of the army in 70 my first bike was a 68 bsa thunderbolt. ive had bikes ever since. fz8 is my 3rd brand new bike. now i have to get some body armor for these old bones.

Nice! btw, welcome to the forum!

Evad

Almost same story here, when I was 11 we were harassing my parents to get a Nintendo, they refused to have us waste our time inside playing video games, so instead they get my brother and I some used XR80's... Since them I've had an XL250, KX250, and now my first road bike the FZ8... I had been "bikeless" for the last 10 years, nice to get back on two wheels!

chefwill

when i was 14 yr old i was sent out of state to live with an uncle who had a 185cc Yamaha motorcycle that he let me ride. i got an Arkansas motorcyles license an continued to ride that 185 for about 7 months. The following year i returned to California and my parents refused to have me riding a motorcycle and it took 20 something years later for me to start riding again. ive held on to the M1 license all this time along with my "C" . now im 37, i own 2 bikes.. 2011cbr600rr for weekends/track, and 2012fz8 for daily commuting (best way to get around through downtown LA traffic).
i absolutely love riding.. the torque u feel when throttling, lane-spitting through traffic, mobbing out with friends(at least 12 bikes at a time).

Tango59

I had a couple of mini-bikes brfore I was 15, then at 15 my dad made a deal with me. If I would clear an acre of scrub timber off the property by myself (chainsaw was bigger than I was), he would by me a 125cc dirtbike. In four months I had a Suzuki TS125. Took the mirrors, turn signals and baffle off the second day I had it. Dad is still pissed about that.

krillz

Almost same story here, when I was 11 we were harassing my parents to get a Nintendo, they refused to have us waste our time inside playing video games, so instead they get my brother and I some used XR80's... Since them I've had an XL250, KX250, and now my first road bike the FZ8... I had been "bikeless" for the last 10 years, nice to get back on two wheels!

I had the XL250. Dual carb. Still have a KX250.

grant696

I can't really say much. When I was 13 I had one of those super pocket bikes that I rode around on a lot. Then bought an 05 Ninja 250 when I was 18. Lastly I bought my FZ8 a few months ago and I'm 22 now.

Jacek3743

Lol, that definitely is like an unheard of thing parents would do... but you got very lucky