For all the married gents out there....

hypo

my first wife: I wanted to change/save/help her. She didn't want me to ever change (I was a lot crazier back then.)

my second wife: no need to save her, and I am still just crazy enough for her, plus I got her into riding motorcycles.

don't do it young. don't do it before you've BOTH sewn your oats and accomplished some serious goals as well. And there is NOTHING wrong with playing house to figure out all those LITTLE THINGS because I'll be damned if those little things are part of what killed my first marriage.

eggserronius

Probubley the right time when you go on internet forums and ask a bunch of bikers if it's the right time to get hitched............LOL

3 questions to ASK YOURSELF
1 would I be unhappy if I never saw her again
2 What dose mariage actual mean to both of us
3 Dose she want kids and will she want me to sell the FZ8.............. ;)

ANSWERS:

1. Devastated
2. Means a commitment that won't quit
3. We both want dogs instead and she loves the FZ hahaha

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
How long were you dating your significant other before you knew you wanted to pop the question?

I know that this isn't motorcycle related, but Hey!, I put it in the right section.

Any input would be appreciated.

Two months. We're celebrating our 34th anniversary this August 26th. I wouldn't recommend getting engaged after two months, but it worked for us. :D

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
One other thing: you should think about the fact, that both of you WILL change a lot over time. You should both discuss that in advance and decide whether you can commit to staying married anyway. If you've got a limit on how much weight she can gain or vice versa, you shouldn't get married!

eggserronius

Thanks for all the advice guys. I've come to the decision that I'm going to propose... I just have to do some ring shopping and pick my moment!

BIGpanda

worldjewels.com

best place to buy diamonds. I got my fiancees ring from here after a recommendation from a friend. They are a standup company and everything is straight up. Got a .75 carat princess cut solitaire with a 18k white gold band for like 1400 after the online discount code. Got everything inspected and tested for authenticity at a jeweler locally and it's on the up and up. Prices are unbeatable, was 2000 before the discount code.

This is the one.

Last edited:

matt73

Congratulations mate.
Marriage is a commitment so don't do it if you cant commit.
Work at it. It's worth it and it makes you a better man. A woman wants a protector and a woman deserves a man not a boy.
Married at 20. Knew when I first saw her at 15. Now married 19 yrs. No regrets.