Footpegs... woah solid!

hypo

So I was looking at maybe replacing my rubber footpegs with pegs from competitionwerkes... I sent them an email and they said the FZ1 pegs should work just fine, so I walked out to my bike and took a closer look at how the pegs are attached... woah... I've had 4 bikes, and I don't remember ever having pegs attached with such a solid connection! My Shadow had an allen bolt, my nighthawk had a peg and a cotter pin, don't really remember my kat actually...

anyone going to replace the entire control set? anyone else thinking about replacing the pegs?

Last edited:

djcecil

i'm saving for rearsets, i have like you looked at ours, and not happy with trying to find a really good hardend smooth shaft bolt to attach the pegs you have up there. i've wanted to move pegs up since day two of owning bike, (not much but up) so i am skipping pegs and just holding out for a few months

Last edited:

casefc3s

I unfortunately lowsided my FZ8 a few weeks ago, broke the right footrest, and had to move the passenger peg up until my new one came in. It hasn't been bad at all, there's no return spring if you accidentally bump the peg but that hasn't been a problem, what's more annoying is being unbalanced with the lower height, heh. I will say tho, I have noticed that the vibration will get to you if you go on longer rides (my ride to work is 45 minutes one way) if you go to a peg without the rubber.

Speedo007

Yep they dont put those rubbers there for no reason...I find the handlebars to vibrate quite a bit in the hands, more then anything I've owned so far unless I have my winter gloves which absorbs a good part of it, with my summer gloves even with a very loose grip I get numb after a while...

hypo

Yep they dont put those rubbers there for no reason...I find the handlebars to vibrate quite a bit in the hands, more then anything I've owned so far unless I have my winter gloves which absorbs a good part of it, with my summer gloves even with a very loose grip I get numb after a while...

thats not good. I don't feel much vibration at all and have done 6 hours a day rides with my wife on weekends... :confused: I'd get that checked out.

Speedo007

I've done 750km days a few times...it's mostly on the highway at certain RPMS that the vibration is "buzzy" maybe I should stop cruising at 150km/h then haha Otherwise in town or on country roads its not an issue.

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
If its vibration your worried about you can make the whole mounting section rigid simply by reversing the rubber washer on the mount so that the metal part touches the frame and not the rubber,or insert a metal washer between the bolt head and frame.
I reversed mine on the FZ6 and it made a hell of a difference.

xXAvroArrowXx

If its vibration your worried about you can make the whole mounting section rigid simply by reversing the rubber washer on the mount so that the metal part touches the frame and not the rubber,or insert a metal washer between the bolt head and frame.
I reversed mine on the FZ6 and it made a hell of a difference.

How? Details!