Flush mounts for Fazer?

Emohawk

Hi all. I'd like to replace the front turn signals with flush mounts. Anyone have recommendations? I've seen a couple on Ebay. The Protons look sweet, but the rounded shape doesn't really fit with the lines of the bike.

Any suggestions/recommendations? I want to keep the running lights, BTW.

Thanks...

Harrywz

Hi all. I'd like to replace the front turn signals with flush mounts. Anyone have recommendations? I've seen a couple on Ebay. The Protons look sweet, but the rounded shape doesn't really fit with the lines of the bike.

Any suggestions/recommendations? I want to keep the running lights, BTW.

Thanks...

Did you see mine with the Protons installed???

They are for the 09 R1

Emohawk

OK. Still undecided due to visibility concerns. I'll ponder it.

I have ordered a pair of mirrors with integrated LED turn signals off ebay. I'll report how those work out. It I like them I may go with the flush mount LED's as well.

H

Hoover

I have ordered a pair of mirrors with integrated LED turn signals off ebay. I'll report how those work out. It I like them I may go with the flush mount LED's as well.

How are they wired?

sixtus

Can you send a link to these?

Harrywz

How are they wired?

Usually the wire exits the base of the mirror thru hollow tube and then you connect wires like you do any other signal lights. If you are fitting on the Fazer you can leave OEM signals, isntall flush mounts or just block off the holes. I am sure there are manufacturers who make block off plates for lights.

If you do go with OEM or flushmounts you just parallel wire them with the LED in the mirrors. The only thing you have to be aware of is running lights. Its more than likely that the mirror uses a 2 wire system and if you are going with flush mounts they will likely be 2 wire as well. Now an interesting twist ;)
You can wire up the mirror led to do signal, use the running light wire on the led flushmount and you will have LED running lights with mirror turn signals. Now if you get 3 wire flushmounts, you can have two sets of signal lights up front with running light. You will still need load resistor or aftermarkek LED flasher to slow flash.

clemmel

This isn't on a Fazer, but I installed the Hot Bodies turn signals that came from Motorcyclegear.com. They sort of fit in the spot the turn signal stalk was mounted in when it was completely removed but since there was a hole there, I found mine tended to slip out and became crooked. I ended up taking the original stalk that the factory turn signals were on and cut it short enough to fit the Hot Bodies light as you seen in the pictures.

These lights are function as marker light and turns signals as well. Depending on how they are wired too, they can flash normally or strobe multiple times for each normal flash. That's how I have them set and between their brightness and this, they are very noticeable.

Harrywz

This isn't on a Fazer, but I installed the Hot Bodies turn signals that came from Motorcyclegear.com. They sort of fit in the spot the turn signal stalk was mounted in when it was completely removed but since there was a hole there, I found mine tended to slip out and became crooked. I ended up taking the original stalk that the factory turn signals were on and cut it short enough to fit the Hot Bodies light as you seen in the pictures.

These lights are function as marker light and turns signals as well. Depending on how they are wired too, they can flash normally or strobe multiple times for each normal flash. That's how I have them set and between their brightness and this, they are very noticeable.

Pretty fine:cool:

Emohawk

I've been thinking along the same lines if I can't find another option I like. If I can figure a way to mount something flush covering the socket that would be ideal. I'll work something out.

chodatus

I ordered these...

YAMAHA FAZER8 FZ8S FZ8 S FAZER 8 2010 2011 LED TURN SIGNAL MIRRORS Black | eBay

They're also available in carbon look.

My initial plan is to mount & temp wire them to see how they look. I will decide on what to do about the flush-mounts at that point. I like the idea of using the flush-mount as a running light & the mirrors as signals. Depends on how bright/visible they are.

Can I see some pics after you set everything up? Interested in this look.

Emohawk

For sure. Should be an interesting experiment. The mirrors are a couple inches shorter than stock so I may need a spacer or mirror extenders. Hopefully they'll ship relatively quickly so I can play around with it a bit before the riding season ends up here.

Harrywz

Oh - I ordered the Protons too, along with a Motodynamics tail light. Go big or go home... :D

Good man ;) Do you have an electronic flasher? With it, you won't have to install the load resistors that come with the tail light but you will need a Yamaha harness (available from Motodydnamics) if you want to plug n play.

Emohawk

I don't have a flasher relay. I'll just use the resistors. The ad says the sub-harness with OEM connectors is included. I may modify it eventually anyway...thinking of adding amber or red LED flush mounts as running lights in the R&G bracket where the stock turn signals are currently mounted. I'm not afraid of wiring...I build tube guitar amps as a hobby. :)