Florida Newbie

glockman39

Thanks for having me. I'm not new to motorcylces, but I'm new to the FZ8. Got my first bike when I was ten, a Honda SL70. I've pretty much been a Honda loyalist, but I have owned one Yamaha before, a Thundercat YZF600R. I loved that bike, so I thought I'd give Yamaha another try.

I look forward to poking around the site and seeing what bits of wisdom you guys have to offer.

glockman39

Welcome mate. Grats on your latest purchase
Thanks, man. Just picked it up today and rode for about two hours. But then it got too cold.

I know, cold is a relative term. It was 64 earlier, then dropped to 55. 55 is cold when you've lived in Florida for twenty years. But I won't complain too much. We can ride all year long.

H

Hoover

From Florida to Wisconsin? Ouch.

Well, Wisconsin to Florida then back actually. After 6 years in the "Sunshine State" we had enough of the crime and the nasty people.
It may be cold up here but it's a much nicer place to live..no offence!

glockman39

Well, Wisconsin to Florida then back actually. After 6 years in the "Sunshine State" we had enough of the crime and the nasty people.
It may be cold up here but it's a much nicer place to live..no offence!
No offense taken. I wouldn't argue with the nasty people comment. I have a hearty dislike for the way people act here.

And I assume Wisconsin is like Ohio in its behavior. I'd love to live back in Ohio. But I just can't fathom the idea of missing four months of riding every year.

hypo

welcome to the forums! I just moved to Texas last year for work from Virginia, and LOVE the year round riding! May not be here long, but will definitely make the most of it. Lots of good info on the site.

glockman39

welcome to the forums! I just moved to Texas last year for work from Virginia, and LOVE the year round riding! May not be here long, but will definitely make the most of it. Lots of good info on the site.
Thanks for having me. I have a bunch of stuff on order for a few modifications. Nothing spectacular; tail tuck, new signals, frame sliders, the usual stuff.

I'm going to hold off on the exhaust until the break in period on the bike is completed.

specops13

There's a couple of us in Pinellas... Down near Biff Burger in St Pete, just a few blocks from each other...

Welcome to the Forum.

Dave

specops13

We've gotten together to BS. Keith's work schedule, my health and my bike not being broken in yet have kept us from riding so far. That should change soon...

Guess you could say my other bikes have taken up some of my time too... I have to do some shooting tomorrow. Vmax Bros are doing a trip to Desoto Speedway, Thursday Night. I'd be there but work comes first..

Dave

glockman39

We've gotten together to BS. Keith's work schedule, my health and my bike not being broken in yet have kept us from riding so far. That should change soon...

Guess you could say my other bikes have taken up some of my time too... I have to do some shooting tomorrow. Vmax Bros are doing a trip to Desoto Speedway, Thursday Night. I'd be there but work comes first..

Dave
I saw that you demo AR-15's. I'm an AR-15 armorer for my department. Have been for about five years. I'm also factory certified on several other weapons platforms.

But I do love the black rifle.

specops13

Not only 15's but I work with a manufacturer here in Florida too. I do testing on 22's and up, Full Auto at times too...:)
We went yesterday and shot 22's through 50 A&E with suppressors that RMW Extreme is working on..

glockman39

Not only 15's but I work with a manufacturer here in Florida too. I do testing on 22's and up, Full Auto at times too...:)
We went yesterday and shot 22's through 50 A&E with suppressors that RMW Extreme is working on..
Where do you shoot? The WAC? Hernando Sportsmans? The new Pinellas SO range? Not many places to shoot in Pinellas/Pasco/Hernando.

specops13

We shoot on a private range East of the Bay where Special Ops Guys and Manufacturers come to informally shoot. The range also hosts Wounded Warrior Hunts and Shooting Matches... Wish I could say more but I've spent the last year and a half trying to get a good enough rep with the owner to have him invite me to come shoot by myself. I haven't quite gained that much respect even yet. The manufacturer that I shoot for / with RMW Extreme gets us in...

Last years Top Shot Winner was there a few weeks ago and Ron and I got pushed off to shooting into an imbankment... That was a lot of fun though,
shooting tin cans and rocks...

Most of the close ranges are tightly regulated, especially when it comes to Full Auto, Suppressed work.. Dade City has a nice range for normal up to 100 yard shooting but somebody built Condo's next to it so it won't last.

Dave

FZ8Hawaii

New guy here in Hawaii

Hey Glockman, I too am new here and am being very patient waiting for my new FZ8 to arrive. Was wondering what mods you are planning for your bike.
Also, are you a Glock owner as well??