Flooding?

blakecurry

Would appreciate any help or advice. If I go for a ride, like today I drove 5 miles to meet a friend for lunch, then came out after lunch, the bike wouldn't start. Cranked on it for 30 seconds, finally it sputtered, let off, cranked again giving it some throttle and it reluctantly started. Rode the 5 miles home, turned it off for 30 minutes and went to start again and same thing. This time I noticed I could smell gas. Finally got it to start. This was a problem last summer when it got hot, shortly after buying the bike, wasn't really a problem through the winter (but honestly I didn't ride that much when it was cold out) and now seems to be getting worse. Took the bike to the dealer when I first noticed it and they said it is something that is hard to troubleshoot and wouldn't be able to be much help. I had been under the impression that fuel injected bikes didn't suffer from this sort of thing. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong, where to start looking or what to tell the dealer to look at? Thank you!

ssky0078

run a couple of tanks of sea foam just too see if it helps. I'm not a mechanic but from what I understand you need 3 things. Spark, fuel and compression. Seafoam from what I understand can help all 3