flipping the bars

mano1192

Has anyone flipped the bars or tried to see if they work flipped? I know many Duc monster owners flip their stock bars. I have doubts that you could turn fully without hitting the side of the tank as I slung my bar ends when I first got them and they hit the tank.

Anyone tried this?

K-Gr.

In monsters they flip it to get more cafe racer-ish look. In FZ it won't work because:
1. bar in monster is almost flat
2. fz is nowhere near looking like CR, it would just look stupid

If you really want to get more sporty look and more aggressive ergos - buy a flat bar. It should be awfully cheap.

mano1192

yea very true the bars are not flat at all and would look strange. Ill see what I can find for flatter bars. thanks.

H

Hoover

Also, remember that the switch gear and levers have nubs on them that fit into the cutouts in the bars. If you flip them, you will have to grind them off. So why not just get new bars.

impostor1981

I did experiment with the bars and got myself lower and wider ones. Because I ve put FZ1 forks on my FZ8 the low bars would not fit without the risers (it was resting on the forks adjusters) so I did not see the point in flatter bars on the raisers as I wanted lower riding position.
On standard FZ8 they would work perfect, but if you go for wider bars you will need longer clutch brake and throttle cables.

H

Hoover

I did experiment with the bars and got myself lower and wider ones. Because I ve put FZ1 forks on my FZ8 the low bars would not fit without the risers (it was resting on the forks adjusters) so I did not see the point in flatter bars on the raisers as I wanted lower riding position.
On standard FZ8 they would work perfect, but if you go for wider bars you will need longer clutch brake and throttle cables.

My Renthals are 3" wider than stock and the stock cables do fit easily. Brake lines however were pulled very tight. Switched to BFG lines and all sorted.