Final ever purchase from local dealer

W

WARPTH

Ok, So i opted for the genuine yamaha tail tidy which i thought id purchase from my local dealer (2 weeks ago) any way. was told it had to come from japan bla bla bla will take maximum 2 weeks ("made joke about over night parts from japan"). (2 weeks ago) so i rang them today to follow up my item. sick of this scaffolding / parachute on the back they thought would be a good idea to hold the number plate, any way, they than decide to tell me it hasnt arrived yet it should be here by the end of next week / if not defenitely the week after. SO... after receiving a danmoto pipe from CHINA in only 3 days, and not even being able to receive a top dollar item from japan in a prompt amount of time (im thinking the dealer never ordered it) ive had my final straw and will NEVER EVER EVER be purchasing ANYTHING from my local dealer again. until its time for a new bike...
/end rant

Fizzer8

I had same issue with centre stand, dealer took the piss, I ordered bike with centre stand 2 weeks before new plate came out, gave a deposit for the bike and waited 3 weeks for the part.

W

WARPTH

i understand the dealer has no control on freight. but when they've been in business for x amount of years they would have a fair understanding of how long parts take to arrive from specific suppliers. dont tell me 2 weeks at the latest, than when 2 weeks pass tell me another 2 weeks! thats just shit customer service!

Billeigh

I went to my local dealer for the same part.Told me none in the country but USA was showing stock,they said I would get it quicker if I ordered it myself online.

W

WARPTH

I went to my local dealer for the same part.Told me none in the country but USA was showing stock,they said I would get it quicker if I ordered it myself online.

i probably wouldve if the yamaha aus web site allowed me to!

C

calscrazy

knowing what i know about dealership parts departments they probably wait until they get a few items to order so they can save on shipping cost.

master paper clip

Why spend 70$+ on a fender eliminater from Yamaha could have just got the 15$ one most dealers sell and used that, that's what I did and looks great, screw over paying just cause its got someone's name on it, unless it's a rizoma, there stuff is just beautiful

W

WARPTH

So three weeks since date of order still no show... bust be coming via airexpress donkey. Trekking its way through the touge mountains.

sinclap2

Lazy
From what I can remember, on the box of Yamaha tail tidy, I'm pretty sure it said Made in Holland, of all places. No offense to the Dutch, but it just seemed a little strange. The thing I saw that was made in Holland was a girl named Abbie...Ahhhh Abbie... :rolleyes:

W

WARPTH

From what I can remember, on the box of Yamaha tail tidy, I'm pretty sure it said Made in Holland, of all places. No offense to the Dutch, but it just seemed a little strange. The thing I saw that was made in Holland was a girl named Abbie...Ahhhh Abbie... :rolleyes:

Was she blonde? ;)

Emohawk

Sounds like your dealers are much like they are here. Hopeless. And if you want an aftermarket part, forget about it. I've had local dealers tell me "well, I can order it but I don't know when we'll get it...of if it'll ever show up". And this is on product lines they list.

Yet, I can order stuff online for less money and from another country and it shows up here in less than a week. I just do NOT understand it.

C

Camo

I can get aftermarket stuff with a massive price mark up quickly but order anything Yamaha from the dealer and they cringe before telling me prices and wait times.

I honestly believe Yamaha Australia don't give a flying fukc about owners. It's cheaper and quicker to order online through a third party parts fiche in the states...here, we can't even access a parts fiche. All ordering has to be done through a Yamaha dealer at a ridiculous expense.
Not sure it's entirely the deales fault alot of the time.

sinclap2

Lazy
Was she blonde? ;)

Brunette, I have always been a sucker for brunettes. And every damn time, they always lead to trouble.:D

...All ordering has to be done through a Yamaha dealer at a ridiculous expense.Not sure it's entirely the deales fault alot of the time.

From reading all this, I must have been bloody lucky when ordered my stuff to get it so quickly! I also saw the Y-shop notice (on the oz site), basically saying there isnt a shopping cart, but there will be one in 2012. Um, it is almost October, they had better pull their finger out or it will be 2013! In truth, how hard is it to setup an online "shopping cart" these days? Farm it out to a third party like PayPal. There arent any excuses for not being able to shop online for the parts. The prices they charge, they can afford to sub-contract it out.

C

Camo

Brunette, I have always been a sucker for brunettes. And every damn time, they always lead to trouble.:D

From reading all this, I must have been bloody lucky when ordered my stuff to get it so quickly! I also saw the Y-shop notice (on the oz site), basically saying there isnt a shopping cart, but there will be one in 2012. Um, it is almost October, they had better pull their finger out or it will be 2013! In truth, how hard is it to setup an online "shopping cart" these days? Farm it out to a third party like PayPal. There arent any excuses for not being able to shop online for the parts. The prices they charge, they can afford to sub-contract it out.
The prices they charge should see the CEO deliver and fit the parts:p

W

WARPTH

Heres a bit of a laugh for ya all. So i rang my dealer today as it still hasnt shown up and was told yet again next week or week after. So i said to the guy on the other end of the phone. Surely there is someone you can call and follow this up with. I dont care if its showing on order on your side of the system if the order hasnt gone through to who ever it needs to. Any way, no call back to update me so i drop in on my way home from work... i was than told,
if yamaha have the part on back order which it would have been, they have to make the part for you before they can ship it out.
I didnt know whether to laugh in his face or wait till i got out side.

master paper clip

Heres a bit of a laugh for ya all. So i rang my dealer today as it still hasnt shown up and was told yet again next week or week after. So i said to the guy on the other end of the phone. Surely there is someone you can call and follow this up with. I dont care if its showing on order on your side of the system if the order hasnt gone through to who ever it needs to. Any way, no call back to update me so i drop in on my way home from work... i was than told,
if yamaha have the part on back order which it would have been, they have to make the part for you before they can ship it out.
I didnt know whether to laugh in his face or wait till i got out side.

Sounds like you should jut get your money back and go somewhere else

F

Fazed

They are the first to complain that the internet is taking their business. The only advantage they have over the net is customer service and they are failing miserably at that.

C

Camo

Couldn't agree more but the problem in Australia really is the fact that even big companies such as Yamaha are only bringing small amounts of stuff/limited stock into the country wich results in inflated prices, wait times and lack of availability.

I had the hardest time trying to find leathers due to the fact only maybe a dozen or so even get brought over here a year. Being a euro 64 or a US 54/56 is not ideal lol