Few question regarding my fz8 !

Nemo

Hi there.. I have a few question regarding my fz8.. Its a 2013 with 5800 km...

I use the cluth to brake often..well down shifting.. It rev up and slowing up the bike... I was wondering if its bad for the bike.. If its damaging the cluth or what ever...

Also. I was wonering if my fz8 is the only one making weird nose from the engine.. I feel like if there is something loose inside the motor. Its not really loud. Its just there.. I know im suposed to hear valve and thing moving but ... I dont know maybe im just trippin. You guy noticed any sound too????

Bagman

Don't forget that while riding a motorcycle (unlike a car) you're essentially sitting on top of the motor, and also very close to the brakes. You're gonna hear things. I am sure it's nothing. Engines make noise.

As for the clutch use:

When I downshift, I will clutch in and while releasing the clutch lever I am also bringing up the revs with the throttle to rev-match. This all happens quickly when I want, and more slowly if I want instead. Once done, I am just off the throttle entirely and using the engine to slow-down (engine-brake). The FZ8 has a wet clutch, so I know you can ride the clutch at slow speeds, etc. In a car you do not ride the clutch. However, I would suggest letting out the clutch (even slowly) without using the throttle to raise the revs is not good and could lead to the rear tire losing traction and you wiping out - if done harshly enough.

Keach

The ticking is a pretty common observation most people have noticed. I feel like mine got louder or more noticeable when I put headers on my bike, not sure if I'm just noticing it now or it is in fact louder. I think most will agree don't worry about the engine noise as it is normal with this bike.

As for the clutch downshifting or engine braking will wear it out more, but I think most people do it. I do a little bit of everything depending on how I ride including rev matching from time to time with throttle blipping (mostly cause it sounds cool lol). Good news is a new clutch when it comes time isn't that expensive especially if I can do the work yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemo

Aight!!! Thank for the fast answer guys... Yes i think its just because i am not used to hear all those sound.!

Also i forget to ask something else... I have a two brother slip on and when I rev high and fully release the trottle , the bike pop like a TNT in my exhaust.. Is that damaging anything or meaning my bike running too rich? And running rich mean lot of dirt inside the motor...

Keach

The exhaust popping is the ais system. It's discussed in a lot of threads. The bike would do it with factory exhaust u just don't hear it as much. The system injects air into the exhaust to burn unburnt gases. It really won't hurt the motor (although some argue it can) but many disable the system mainly because they don't like the sound (I'm sure there is a how to on here). The system can be plugged or removed entirely and use block off plates (block off plate method is a waste of money IMO). Also if u decide to have ur ecu flash, turbo joe's and Flashtune's flash electronically disables the system as do most other ecu flashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk