Fender eliminator

tjfisher

Had so extra free time at work tonight so I made a fender eliminator nothing fancy just simple

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Blinkgold311

Sweet. Are you going to powder coat it? Paint? Don't forget to add photos!
How are you going to mount the turn signals? (indicators for you EU guys)

tjfisher

Just paint for now . Ill think about powder after i get the intergrated tail light then i can clip off the outside turn tabs . As for signals im just going to use the stock ones for now no reason to get new ones if soon ill be eliminating then all together . ill post mounting shots sometime later in the week :)

tjfisher

Painted up should install in the next day or two ill get more shots

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

socal

it may have to re bent to an angle < 90 cause it may touch the tire at full bump if your mounting in the back holes. these bikes have alot of travel for some reason

tzortn

Pillion
Just paint for now . Ill think about powder after i get the intergrated tail light then i can clip off the outside turn tabs . As for signals im just going to use the stock ones for now no reason to get new ones if soon ill be eliminating then all together . ill post mounting shots sometime later in the week :)

It looks nice but careful with the integrated tail lights. Some places like FMS will not pass you for inspection with an integrated signal. In VA you don't need turn signals but if you do have them they need to be legal. I was told that they need to be at least 6 inches apart. You might want to check out this thread: http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-general-discussion/2572-odd-quirk-about-va-law.html

Jacek3743

it may have to re bent to an angle < 90 cause it may touch the tire at full bump if your mounting in the back holes. these bikes have alot of travel for some reason

Seriously, I'm gonna buy a sticker "No Fat Chicks, Plate will scrape"

tjfisher

lol

i have it set up for two options one mount the tag straight to it where i might hit the tire (hoping not ) or it has been drilled for the stock bracket so when its mounted it will tilt the tag up greater than 90 degrees . I plan on trying it without that bracket first

tjfisher

It looks nice but careful with the integrated tail lights. Some places like FMS will not pass you for inspection with an integrated signal. In VA you don't need turn signals but if you do have them they need to be legal. I was told that they need to be at least 6 inches apart. You might want to check out this thread: http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-general-discussion/2572-odd-quirk-about-va-law.html

Ya i thought about that so im thinking i might keep the turn taps on the bracket and the signials aside for inspection time . And truthfully i dont use fms for my inspection (or much of anything) i have a local guy here in the glen i use .

socal

lol

i have it set up for two options one mount the tag straight to it where i might hit the tire (hoping not ) or it has been drilled for the stock bracket so when its mounted it will tilt the tag up greater than 90 degrees . I plan on trying it without that bracket first

cool, the only reason i say so is, i put my little asian on the back and hit a bump on the freeway with a tidy like that i made and yea i had to punch a plate flat again

97audia4

cool, the only reason i say so is, i put my little asian on the back and hit a bump on the freeway with a tidy like that i made and yea i had to punch a plate flat again

ok good glad im not the only one who that has happened too, but im thinking that with the r1 shock upgrade it wont hit anymore.

tzortn

Pillion
Ya i thought about that so im thinking i might keep the turn taps on the bracket and the signials aside for inspection time . And truthfully i dont use fms for my inspection (or much of anything) i have a local guy here in the glen i use .

That works. The dealers can be a lot more nit-picky than the little independence shops.