Fender Eliminator Welded?

GIJared

Hey guys. Silly question.

Got a fender eliminator. Was installing it and realized the nuts are welded in place on the stock fender. Any of you guys have a good method to remove them, or will I need a hack saw?

Perhaps I'm missing something?

:) Just a question, i made my eliminator. What market would there be if i sold them? Thinking like $25. Its made of steel about 1/8th inch thick or more. I could see it bend if you dropped the bike but stays solid otherwise. Uses factory lights (plate and signal)

:) Just a question, i made my eliminator. What market would there be if i sold them? Thinking like $25. Its made of steel about 1/8th inch thick or more. I could see it bend if you dropped the bike but stays solid otherwise. Uses factory lights (plate and signal)

Probably would sell. Only thing I would change is have option of using factory lights or add on after market 5/8" holes. Lot of riders go with aftermarket LED's. The other thing you may want to ad is a license light. There are LED strips that stick on or LED round bolt mount.

Probably would sell. Only thing I would change is have option of using factory lights or add on after market 5/8" holes. Lot of riders go with aftermarket LED's. The other thing you may want to ad is a license light. There are LED strips that stick on or LED round bolt mount.

Good idea! What about drilling the bolt holes for mounting the fender and plate and leaving the rest undrilled so people can do that as they choose? I could toss a 5/8th drill bit in the box.

For that price, definitely. Plate light is a huge plus. Ability to use stock or aftermarket signals would be great. Post up some pics? Will be painted black?

Tonight or tomorrow i will post a pic somehow. (Cant figure how to post a pic with droid phone). I painted it with rust guard style primer then gloss black. Personally for now I like the factory turn signals and plate light. The signals are more noticeable imo

Just to give you a guide line, mine is made out of aluminum 0.080"

1/8" steel might be a bit overkill, just a suggestion.

I didn't want any vibration, the last thing i want to hear is a licence plate rattling like a whoopty with subs in the trunk. Something about that sound really pisses me off. It doesn't weigh much either, maybe the same weight as a 5/8th deepwell.

I will add a pic of it mounted later. That is a good idea. I thought about bending it outwards after the plate light. Its a work in progress. Soon as i get it lined out i can buzz 80 out of a sheet of steel. What do you think of that?:tup:

I will add a pic of it mounted later. That is a good idea. I thought about bending it outwards after the plate light. Its a work in progress. Soon as i get it lined out i can buzz 80 out of a sheet of steel. What do you think of that?:tup:

I think thats very good. Personally I don't like the OEM license plate lamp,its fugly. Mine is just a 1/4" wide by 1" long with 5 white LED's mounted on an adhesive backed strip. Your design is great though at keeping the cost down and reusing the OEM lights and probably would keep the cops off your back.

I think I paid like 10 bucks for my "fender eliminator" :rolleyes:

20120805110920924.jpg

Back