fender elim

DLSGAP

Bought an El cheapo Eliminator from eBay... $25 shipped. I actually got it a couple weeks ago but never got around to installing.

Ripped into it tonight and holy crap!!! A German engineer from BMW or Mercedes must have designed the back of this thing. WAYYYYY OVER ENGINEERED!!

So I get the thing apart and didn't feel like getting g new nuts to install it with. 5 minutes with the hacksaw and the metal framework from the stock fender was reduced to the pieces that bolt directly to the bike.

Plate bracket put into place. Bolts tightened, led plae light wired in... and what can I say other than it looks so much better. I've got to change the angle of the place a little, but that's no biggie. I'm on my phone now and can't post pics at the moment. Will do that tomorrow.

lyric911

Bought an El cheapo Eliminator from eBay... $25 shipped. I actually got it a couple weeks ago but never got around to installing.

Ripped into it tonight and holy crap!!! A German engineer from BMW or Mercedes must have designed the back of this thing. WAYYYYY OVER ENGINEERED!!

So I get the thing apart and didn't feel like getting g new nuts to install it with. 5 minutes with the hacksaw and the metal framework from the stock fender was reduced to the pieces that bolt directly to the bike.

Plate bracket put into place. Bolts tightened, led plae light wired in... and what can I say other than it looks so much better. I've got to change the angle of the place a little, but that's no biggie. I'm on my phone now and can't post pics at the moment. Will do that tomorrow.

I'm quite curious to see what you did. I also bought the cheapy fender eliminator...and it installs with 2 bolts. I didn't cut anything.

DLSGAP

If I had just gone to the store to get a couple nuts it would have been easier. Ie... the store was closed cus it was sunday and i wanted it done. I just used the bracket from the stock fender mount so the bolts would have something to go into.

I'll get a couple nuts tonight to put on instead. I honestly made it harder on myself. Oh well. I've gotta rip it all apart when the new tail light comes in anyway