Fazer 8 OMG!

grommit

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...010/january/jan2509-new-fz8-fazer-teaser-pic/

WOW!

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Here's the whole bike grommit! And the latest news!

Latest from New Yamaha FZ8 revealed in leaked pictures - | Motorbike reviews | Latest Bike Videos | MCN

MCN said:
Yamaha’s new FZ8 Fazer has been fully revealed in this set of leaked pictures.

The new bike, due to be officially unveiled in the summer as a replacement for the FZ6 Fazer, had until now only been partially revealed with two teaser shots released by Yamaha of just the nose.

But these new pictures, believed to have been leaked to the media from the Yamaha factory in Japan, now show the full bike in all its glory.

It’s immediately clear the new FZ8 is based very closely on the FZ1, its 1000cc big brother.

Like that bike both half-faired (Fazer) and naked (FZ8) versions will be available. The motor is believed to be a sleeved-down version of the FZ1 engine and to produce around 120bhp compared to the FZ1’s 150.

We’ll bring you more details (and pictures) as soon as possible.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Unless I can convince someone who buys one to allow me a ride, I'll never get to experience this bike. No US dealer will allow test drives here for a Yamaha. How about in the UK?

grommit

Unless I can convince someone who buys one to allow me a ride, I'll never get to experience this bike. No US dealer will allow test drives here for a Yamaha. How about in the UK?

Yeah test rides are a must over here. I can remember jumping on the FZ6 after riding my Honda CBF600 to the dealer and thinking just how much more oooomph the FZ had over it. SOLD. :D

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Official word today is that North America will see only the faired bike and not the naked where Yamaha says "there's not enough market for naked bikes in North America".

Wenmark

Are these the final designs or just preliminary? If they are going to go with a faired version then I would like to see a totally faired version with an option to dress it down a bit. I really like the FZ6R looks with a few minor changes such a mirrors, exhaust, gear indicator, etc. :)

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Are these the final designs or just preliminary? If they are going to go with a faired version then I would like to see a totally faired version with an option to dress it down a bit. I really like the FZ6R looks with a few minor changes such a mirrors, exhaust, gear indicator, etc. :)

Appears to be final... check out the link above your last post. :D

This IS the FZ1, just some cosmetic changes and they sleeved the 998cc engine down to 800cc.

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
I reckon the bike looks great ,I haven't heard of it coming to Oz yet ,but when it does I will be taking a test ride ,you can be sure of that ,lol

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Mick, you'll want the FZ1 mate! You've got too many miles under the belt to settle for less! Of course, I am biased here.... ;)

Even at 800cc, this looks like a very promising bike, especially if they can pull off 120 hp as initial rumors state. They'll have to shave some weight though but I'm not sure where they will find the reductions.

I'm liking the design changes too and can see that, if this is really based on an FZ1 replica, some of those parts can be ordered and bolt right on to my bike! :D

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Hey Eric I would love the "1" or the "8" but one of the reasons I bought the "6" was that in South Oz 600cc bikes make a lot of sense,you get cheaper rego and insurance for a start .

I have had a few 1000cc bikes and one thing I miss is the grunt off the line,but sadly with family commitments it is not possible at the moment,12 months time ,now that's a different story :D

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Totally understand Mick. Hoping that 12 mos from now you're in a better situation but still, can't go wrong on the 6! Still one heck of a fun machine! Maybe, if the 8 is coming, you can stir the pot with some insurance quotes? ;) Just, you know, send out feelers? :D

Yeah.... I'm a terrible influence!