Fazer 8 Headlight aiming

9 Lives

Does anyone know if the Fazer 8 headlights are adjustable? I only have the FZ8 shop manual. If so can you tell me how?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Does anyone know if the Fazer 8 headlights are adjustable? I only have the FZ8 shop manual. If so can you tell me how?

There is an adjustment screw in the lower left corner and upper right of the headlight. You will most likely have to remove the headlight in order to access them. They are hex head screws.

lyric911

You should never have to remove a headlight to adjust the aim. They are designed to be adjusted on the bike, else you'd never get them aimed properly.

9 Lives

That's what I was thinking. There doesn't seem to be any adjustment screws on the back of the headlights only mounting screws. I have a feeling they are not adjustable.

lyric911

That's what I was thinking. There doesn't seem to be any adjustment screws on the back of the headlights only mounting screws. I have a feeling they are not adjustable.

The manual doesn't specify how to get to them without removing, but I've never on any car nor any bike seen a stock headlight that had to be removed to be adjusted.

9 Lives

Awesome, thanks for the help. I found the adjustment screws and they are accessible without removing anything. When I first looked at it they looked like they were the headlight mounting screws.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I miss understood, thought you were talking about the standard FZ8 headlight

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

master paper clip

For the naked model I guess it was the side covers that the blinkers mount to is why u ment had to be removed, any tried adjusting the naked 8 headlight, I notice a giant bright square on mine pointing down at my fender and tire.... Could the 8 headlight problem be that simple??

DanS

Commuter
I miss understood, thought you were talking about the standard FZ8 headlight

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

For the naked model I guess it was the side covers that the blinkers mount to is why u ment had to be removed, any tried adjusting the naked 8 headlight, I notice a giant bright square on mine pointing down at my fender and tire.... Could the 8 headlight problem be that simple??
Hey guys the headlight on the standard 8 doesn't need to be removed to make adjustments, only the plastic trim on the left side needs to be displaced. Turn the front wheel full left and you can reach the horizontal adjuster with an 8mm socket on a 1/4" drive extension. Remove the screw on the bottom left side of the headlight that attaches the outer plastic piece and take it off, next remove the lower screw for the inner plastic piece that the blinker attaches to and loosen the upper screw, turn the front wheel left and the vertical adjuster is accessible with an 8mm combination wrench.
Adjust the vertical cutoff to the bottom of your smokin hot neighbors side view mirror on her 95 prelude from 25' away :D
Chad, I know you're doing a bunch of headlight mods on the FZ8's I hope this helps.

master paper clip

Hey guys the headlight on the standard 8 doesn't need to be removed to make adjustments, only the plastic trim on the left side needs to be displaced. Turn the front wheel full left and you can reach the horizontal adjuster with an 8mm socket on a 1/4" drive extension. Remove the screw on the bottom left side of the headlight that attaches the outer plastic piece and take it off, next remove the lower screw for the inner plastic piece that the blinker attaches to and loosen the upper screw, turn the front wheel left and the vertical adjuster is accessible with an 8mm combination wrench.
Adjust the vertical cutoff to the bottom of your smokin hot neighbors side view mirror on her 95 prelude from 25' away :D
Chad, I know you're doing a bunch of headlight mods on the FZ8's I hope this helps.

Lmao thanks, cause I really love riding at night and that's not to enjoyable on the 8, this should help till I get the money for the projector swap

DanS

Commuter
Lmao thanks, cause I really love riding at night and that's not to enjoyable on the 8, this should help till I get the money for the projector swap
I love night riding too! And yes save up for the projector mod it is worth every penny :)