Fan and temp

krillz

What temp does the fan come on normally and what temp are you? Not saying I was running hot but I bought the bike in OCT and yesterday was the first 73 degrees F day I have ridden. At the light it was 205, seems a bit warm cruising was 167. Sound about right?

krillz

I used the forum search and came up blank, used google and found a thread on here that explained everything. Thanks

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Yup perfectly normal. The fan usually kicks on at 212°F, at least that is the way it is on the FZ6R and the FZ1. I would just assume Yamaha would use the same set point. Some of us on the FZ1 forum have hooked up a switch to be able to flip the fan on at any time.

Stangrrr

Weekend Rider
Yup perfectly normal. The fan usually kicks on at 212°F, at least that is the way it is on the FZ6R and the FZ1. I would just assume Yamaha would use the same set point. Some of us on the FZ1 forum have hooked up a switch to be able to flip the fan on at any time.

That would make sense as 212F = 100C.

Mine fans haven't come on yet, but the coolant has only gone up to 80C as the weather here is still pretty cool...

RoadKill

What temp does the fan come on normally and what temp are you? Not saying I was running hot but I bought the bike in OCT and yesterday was the first 73 degrees F day I have ridden. At the light it was 205, seems a bit warm cruising was 167. Sound about right?

sounds about right to me. my fan comes on a 214ºF. depending on the temp that day the cruising temp varies.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
212f=100c haha common USA lets catch up with the world!! mine says 212 when the fan comes on. even if I have the speedo set on kilometers ;)

97audia4

sounds about right to me. my fan comes on a 214ºF. depending on the temp that day the cruising temp varies.

yea same here between 212 and 214. I sat in stop and go traffic last year in 75 degree traffic for like 2 hours and the fans did an excellent job of keeping the bike cool while i was sitting for a while or moving a little at a time.